R.I.P. Charles

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Charkes died suddenly yesterday of a heart attach, Boom, he was gone. dropped dead on the kitchen floor. Charles was not famous and none of you guys knew him. Charles was 60.

he was my neighbor to the place just to my North, I've known him for 8 years, worked with him everyday one summer. a guy and interesting guy. a "shade tree'" tractor mechanic. worked on cars . had a one bay shop in the end of a 80 years old Missouri barn.

I went back to my piddly part time job Tue to find the husband, of the General Manager lady, dropped dead from a heart attach last Feb. Wiley was just 52. I knew him well too.

both guys smoked heavily. so I will say this, and I know the response I will get. Smoking is bad for your health. It can kill you prematurely. yes, I been told it DOES not cause cancer. smokers also tell me if smoking will give them heart disease, them they rather have their smokes. O K I've said it!

some days I find myself feeling a little down, somewhat maybe depressed, for NO real reason. but when I lose a friend for what I call " before their time", yes it affects me. losing Charles makes me feel like I lost a little part of me. I try to console those he left behind, but what can I say to ease their pain? nothing really.

Chas drove an old 69 Road Chicken I high school, so he was "one of us"..

Sad to lose someone in your life, too soon.

The thing about cigs is people start when they are young and "invincible," but then the years pass and the damage is done. And, people have been brainwashed into thinking it's so hard to quit.

I can see the difference in my parents, both 78. Mom never smoked, she is fine, has an active, full life still. Dad smoked heavily for 40 years, he is a shell of the man he once was. Even though many in his family lived to be in their '90's.

So sad to see people pointlessly killing themselves. Again, sorry for your loss.

Thanks for sharing the loss of your friend, it might help someone.

My condolences. I have recently put down the smokes, 11 weeks ago, and I feel better already....but am using a vaporizer. Not sure that will turn out to be any better. Hope to put that down as well by the end of summer.

Sorry they're gone but if you have to go, that's the way most would prefer it.

My condolences on the loss of your friend.

sorry to hear this. i will be thinking of you and his family

Sorry to hear about your friends.
But you're absolutely right about cigarettes. My father was a heavy smoker (unfiltered Camels) and died at 44 from his second heart attack. He wasn't overweight and got plenty of exercise - an avid golfer who always walked the course as well as very active on his job as well.

My condolences. I have recently put down the smokes, 11 weeks ago, and I feel better already....but am using a vaporizer. Not sure that will turn out to be any better. Hope to put that down as well by the end of summer.

yes the loss of a friend and neighbor you could count on is hard. out here in the country we take pride in being self suffucient, but when I was snowed in with 3 ft high drifts, Charles dug me out.

if nothing else, I hope smokers will take Charles sudden death at least as a knock on their door. doctors say many times the effects of smoking will go away even after decades of abuse. just quitting surely would make people feel better if nothing else.

yes life goes on, and yes a little teary eyed off and on today. just over the fence I was helping him load 30 in dia. hickory just a few months ago. you would have thought that would have killed him!!??

Our condolences to you and everyone affected. Funny how you never hear anyone say "man I wish I started smoking", always the other way around.

Sorry they're gone but if you have to go, that's the way most would prefer it.

Condolences fer sure,.
.As a fireman , I assure you there no good ways to go, but there are sure as hell are many worse ways to go,...Best you can do is sit back, have a cold pop and think of a good memory of havin a laugh with yer friend and neighbor,...
Leastways that works for me at times like this...

I'm sorry to hear this. I know it is never easy. My condolences to you and your friends' families.

-
Back