R&R leaf springs

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Just waiting for my new leafs springs to come in:D,Q can I remove one side at a time or should I drop booth sides,how would you it.

Drop both sidesssssss. Then you will be ready for the new ones. This gives you lots of time to size up your hardware and bushing needs. You just know that something will jump up and bite you in the backside. Always does for me.

Drop both sidesssssss. Then you will be ready for the new ones. This gives you lots of time to size up your hardware and bushing needs. You just know that something will jump up and bite you in the backside. Always does for me.

Kind of figured that but I would have to bleed the brackessssssssss again.

I find it easier to do one side at a time unless you want to remove the rearend to be narrowed, painted, etc...

If its your first time, I would do one side at a time. If its not your first time, I would do one side at a time. My opinion and you know what those are.

I,d do both at once ,this way you can replace both at the same time.You,ll already have the car/rearend setup on axels ready to install.:D

If you do one side at a time it will be easier to support your rear end and keep it from twisting.

You can use one jack under the center of the rear, otherwise you rear end will want to rotate on you and then it becomes a 2 man job to get it back straight.

I guess I can't understand why you would really need to do both sides at once. I have always left one side totally together with the wheel and tire still on that side with tire on the shops floor. Safer way of doing it I do believe. I change the other side...... put it back together .... tire and all ....and then go to the other side. Its really a very simple process to do it that way.

I guess I can't understand why you would really need to do both sides at once. I have always left one side totally together with the wheel and tire still on that side with tire on the shops floor. Safer way of doing it I do believe. I change the other side...... put it back together .... tire and all ....and then go to the other side. Its really a very simple process to do it that way.

That's how I've done it as long as I've worked on cars. It's much easier and requires less things in your way under the car.

-
Back