Race Car Renovation

-
Looks mean as hell Jeff. Fantastic job, and one of the fastest renovations on the site. Can't wait to see the runs after you get it dialed in.

George

George, How do the gages look? Thanks for the parts.

Went to the track yesterday. We made it threw tech except I need to install a window net and maybe a CSR type tranny shield. I have a tranny blanket on it. I thought that would be all I need. Best pass so far was 11.14 @ 122mph against the chip. I even had to back out before the quarter marker.

Excellent!! Wished I could have made it to GB---- how many cars were running there? Lawrence

I have a used tranny shield and converter shield minus brackets 120. plus shipping. May be interested in the blanket.

I stand corrected, went back and looked at my time slips. Best pass 11.005@ 123.27mph. 60' 1.457 so far. Will try it again next Saturday.

Jeff, congraulations on the Dart! Man oh man, you hauled *** getting this car together and apparently, it's hauling *** down the strip as well. Excellent work!

At what times do you need the shield or blanket?Thanks
The track/tech person that looked my car over called me today and said he was mistaken on the tranny shield. I won't need it unless the car goes faster than 10.00. The blanket is just insurance in case the tranny blows.

Why do you need a window net for a 10.xx car.

Window nets are only required on 9.99 or faster. If they tell you the cage is the reason, that's not right. Just because you want to be safer than the rules require shouldn't mean you need all the equipment that goes with the faster time category.

I've had cage cars with no net.

Nice work on the car. Keep tweeking it. The MPH shows a 10.70 range in it.

Nice work and congrats on the quick run. Can I ask what steering column you used?

-
Back