Race Converter

-

moparduster

Reaction score
Who are yall using for your torque converters. dodge dart. 360 727, 8 3/4. I need to call and fiqure out which converter I need. Just need to know what brands to look at and what brands to stay away from.

Thanks

Who are yall using for your torque converters. dodge dart. 360 727, 8 3/4. I need to call and fiqure out which converter I need. Just need to know what brands to look at and what brands to stay away from.

Thanks

from what i hear hughes are really loose...

im going with an A-1 converter, the guy to talk to there is Adam 360-574-9966 x302

Shawn at Dynamic or Lenny at Ultimate Both provide quality products.

I just received my ptc 9.5" converter, cope racing really took the time to talk and explain everything to me, then suggest what I need

A-1, ATI or T/A are the only three I'll use in a race car.

I bought mine from Shawn @ Dynamic--Frank Lupo. Best investment I ever made for my Dart, bar none!8)

Lenny at Ultimate converter the "best" for my money..he use to build them for Dynamic

one of the best converter guys is up the road in Myrtle Beach,SC. Take him your converter tell him your specs, he builds right there you take it home that night. I have used him, and I have a friend has a camero uses him all the time, his car runs 4.60;s no problems. I will get his phone number for you if interested. The nice thing about him is if you build one and it is not quiet right, he can make adjustments inside right there.

Turbo Action everything ...since 1972....

Just zip a stock one apart with a wiz wheel, beat the fins down with a hammer and weld it back together. Done.

i paid almost 600 for my dynamic 9.5" but its the best money i put in my car ( untill the fuel injection)

I'd go with PTC (less money) or Ultimate (better part). I don't think Lenny ever worked for Frank. He worked with a guy local to me prior to his own company. Frank started his own business in southern CT, then sold it (that business is Dynamic Convertors but still based in New Haven CT), and moved south and opened Frank Lupo's Dynamic Transmissions. As far as knowledge, Lenny is the man in my book.

Another vote for Coan.
An 8" race converter was about $1100 last I bought one, but last year I bought a 9.5" and it was $650.
I've beat on 'em severly!

i run only smr converters in my stuff. never had a problem but they are price. 5000 stall 8" built for nitrous $1200 and change is my best investment and never had a problem.

-
Back