Race shocks...

-

Cudafever

Reaction score
QA1 is a sponsor so i click on it and look up shocks
Double adj, i get that, Single adj i get them, Non adj, understand that.
Drag R Series adj shocks ????
These are the 501 Alu Stocker Star Shocks.
They cost less then double adj?????
They are adj able ???? double ??? single???

501 Aluminum Stocker Star Shock

The basic 501 star shock is non ajdustable...

Under adjustability...click an choose options....you will see the difference price for double...single and non adjustable shocks

Yeah i seen all the prices, but what was confusing was the Drag R shock. It's cheaper then the double adj, more expensive than the single adj.
So is it a cheaper "double" adj shock or a more expensive "single" adj shock.
I couldn't find any more details on the shock to answer that question.

For the same money (or close to it) you can get Viking shocks.

All they make are DA shocks.

Why anyone would make a wiggle adjustable shock today is baffling. They have been using DA shocks on dirt bikes since the 1980's and now they have 4 adjustments.

Shocks like the Rancho 9 ways may be a bit cheaper, but you can't adjust the bump and rebound separately.

I have Vikings on the rear of my car. They are priced right, they are a work of art, and customer service is second to none. I don't have enough track time on them yet to say how they work.

Thanks you all for your thoughts.
How ever, none have answered my question.
Drag R series.......
So is it a cheaper "double" adj shock or a more expensive "single" adj shock.
AKA is it a single or a double adj shock.......

Barracudakid send me a pm, id like to hear about it.

Thanks YR, i did a search on them and they are less expensive by quite a bit.

For those who think our drag shocks are expensive consider this. I just spent 700 having my EXHISTING shock (1) and forks revalved for my KTM dirtbike.

For those who think our drag shocks are expensive consider this. I just spent 700 having my EXHISTING shock (1) and forks revalved for my KTM dirtbike.

That's about right. Forks are about the same if you change the springs at the same time.

I use LTR over by Olympia. He even does the old vintage crap for my brother and I.

Bad suspension breeds bad habits. I cringe when I see some of the worn out, under sprung junk some guys ride with.

I raced a Hare and Hound year ago and my suspension was jacked. Started swapping ends thru a series of whoops in 3rd gear pinned! Went down hard! Got better knee gaurds after that...

For those of you that think wheel hop at the strip is scary.... Nothin like headshake or swapping ends at 40 mph...

I raced a Hare and Hound year ago and my suspension was jacked. Started swapping ends thru a series of whoops in 3rd gear pinned! Went down hard! Got better knee gaurds after that...

For those of you that think wheel hop at the strip is scary.... Nothin like headshake or swapping ends at 40 mph...

Damn for true that.

Dirt late model guys spend $1500 each or more on a shock...but not me.

How i understand it the drag r shocks are single adjustable. However when you adjust the shock it is built to adjust both the rebound and compression settings at the same time. One knob adjusts both.

-
Back