Racing at Moparty 2022

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
Got to meet 68 416 Cuda from on here. Mike from Kansas City. He had recently gotten his Bloomer heads. Good talking to him and his posse..lol
Regards racing…… not great.
Lost in second round to the eventual winner in Vintage stock/ super stock class. He laid a 008 on me, didn’t leave much meat on the bone, even if I hadn’t been red
In pro class, I lost a toughie by 009 at the stripe to the guy who end up winning that class( and he won street king class as well) in second round also
So kinda a combination of sucking, and getting beside the wrong guys sometimes.
Sat night I pitched a alt belt and it wrapped around everything. Had to cut it out, fortunately had a spare. Left the track.
Came back Sunday morning( overslept a bit) on race day.
Guy comes running over and says…..hey, your emergency flashers have been on all night”, I didn’t want to mess with your car.
I have zero idea how I hit that switch…. But my pit mates helped me with a generator / charger , while I wiped car down, aired up tires, etc, etc. while it was charging.
Dang emergency flashers were still faintly visible, and fuel pump came on when I flipped the switch…but that was it……
Well, can’t say any longer I haven’t had a battery charger within a 100 yards of the car since it was rewired any longer..

favorite car there….72 Dart, Light green, ran 6.30’s wheels way up in the air with a gen 3 hemi, 4.88 gears, glide, and ballast in the trunk. Sweet car, and the kid( Austin Boone out of i believe Nashville), is a good driver
Lots of nice stuff, moved and expanded swap meet, racing way more orderly, moving the event in the right direction I think.

Last edited:
It was a great time, and I agree completely, moving in the right direction for sure!

This is that 72 Dart I like, that I mentioned earlier with gen 3 motor
8BFF170E-F511-40BE-B391-EA946E8CAB16.jpeg

Got to meet 68 416 Cuda from on here. Mike from Kansas City. He had recently gotten his Bloomer heads. Good talking to him and his posse..lol
Regards racing…… not great.
Lost in second round to the eventual winner in Vintage stock/ super stock class. He laid a 008 on me, didn’t leave much meat on the bone, even if I hadn’t been red
In pro class, I lost a toughie by 009 at the stripe to the guy who end up winning that class( and he won street king class as well) in second round also
So kinda a combination of sucking, and getting beside the wrong guys sometimes.
Sat night I pitched a alt belt and it wrapped around everything. Had to cut it out, fortunately had a spare. Left the track.
Came back Sunday morning( overslept a bit) on race day.
Guy comes running over and says…..hey, your emergency flashers have been on all night”, I didn’t want to mess with your car.
I have zero idea how I hit that switch…. But my pit mates helped me with a generator / charger , while I wiped car down, aired up tires, etc, etc. while it was charging.
Dang emergency flashers were still faintly visible, and fuel pump came on when I flipped the switch…but that was it……
Well, can’t say any longer I haven’t had a battery charger within a 100 yards of the car since it was rewired any longer..

favorite car there….72 Dart, Light green, ran 6.30’s wheels way up in the air with a gen 3 hemi, 4.88 gears, glide, and ballast in the trunk. Sweet car, and the kid( Austin Boone out of i believe Nashville), is a good driver
Lots of nice stuff, moved and expanded swap meet, racing way more orderly, moving the event in the right direction I think.
Very nice meeting you too Don, sorry for the late reply but I just got out of "you mistakenly thought there was freedom of speech" jail, lol, so will see how long the warden allows me my freedom this time. Great car you have and it looks every bit as nice in person as it does in the pictures.

Very nice meeting you too Don, sorry for the late reply but I just got out of "you mistakenly thought there was freedom of speech" jail, lol, so will see how long the warden allows me my freedom this time. Great car you have and it looks every bit as nice in person as it does in the pictures.

Clean out your inbox. I tried to PM you but your box.

thanks man. Wish it ran like some of your stuff!

thanks man. Wish it ran like some of your stuff!
LOL.....ehhh it's touch and go sometimes if I wouldn't rather just have a mid to low 10's street strip car again.....I think that's the perfect car.

LOL.....ehhh it's touch and go sometimes if I wouldn't rather just have a mid to low 10's street strip car again.....I think that's the perfect car.

thanks..lol
its gonna pick up a little steam in the offseason. Have several changes I am gonna make

I would have at least flipped your master disconnect if I saw the hazards on lol.

That sounds like a good show! 68Cuda416's car is super nice, I was afraid to get mine to close to when he came to race here in Tulsa haha.

I would have at least flipped your master disconnect if I saw the hazards on lol.

That sounds like a good show! 68Cuda416's car is super nice, I was afraid to get mine to close to when he came to race here in Tulsa haha.

didn’t think of that. Had I flipped the switch to off before I went back to the motel, wouldn’t have mattered about the hazards being left on.
it’s amazing at 67 I am still finding stupid things to do..lol

LOL....stop it, your car is really nice too and your a wicked good racer as maybe you don't remember but you beat me that day, lol

LOL....stop it, your car is really nice too and your a wicked good racer as maybe you don't remember but you beat me that day, lol
Twice :D

You want it with the trans out of it? I broke the band the other day so that is what i'm doing at this moment, lol.
What trans? I worry about my 904 because my car is such a fatazz. Stock 904 1.41 best 60ft at 3580 lbs. I need to find some weight removal this off season, i could stand to lose about 20 in the drivers seat but the rest is in the car.

Twice :D

What trans? I worry about my 904 because my car is such a fatazz. Stock 904 1.41 best 60ft at 3580 lbs. I need to find some weight removal this off season, i could stand to lose about 20 in the drivers seat but the rest is in the car.
Oh thanks for reminding me, lol, yes it was twice.....LOL

Oh thanks for reminding me, lol, yes it was twice.....LOL
904.....ProTrans.....it must have been somewhat of a fluke or possibly the result of the street/strip action the car, OR possibly somehow happened after I piledrived the car into the track and broke my front suspension because this was the first drive since then but I certainly can't logically correlate the band breakage to that but oh well it's almost fixed now.

-
Back