Rad hose

-

scamperly

Reaction score
So I got a bigger rad for my 1972 Scamp (225 slant six) to replace my failing original one, from my good friend ifitsgotwheels, and I believe the rad. Now this rad I believe is a small block rad, I know it fit in a '67 Barracuda with a 273.

My issue is my lower rad hose is too long now, to fit on it had to get a mighty large kink in it (because the slant six rad lower hose attachment was just a little thing that came straight out of the bottom of the rad, and this V8 one is longer and aims at about a 45 degree angle upward) and I'm wondering what vehicle I should get a rad hose from? Is it possible to get one custom made? I notice they tend to come pre-shaped. I've never had to even think about hoses before so I don't know much about what to do in this situation. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Thanks for the quick responses guys! Unfortunately, trimming it is out of the question, the hose is older than I am and developed a nasty leak.

Take a piece of coat hanger and cut to length, be sure to include the extra needed to go over the connections, bend to fit. Go to the parts store and see if you can match it to a hose.

Just a thought.

If you find one make note of what it is for future reference.

Or you could go this route.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 122
Take a piece of coat hanger and cut to length, be sure to include the extra needed to go over the connections, bend to fit. Go to the parts store and see if you can match it to a hose.

Just a thought.

If you find one make note of what it is for future reference.

Or you could go this route.

Am I able to bend those myself?

Anyway, I had such close luck with a late '80s F150 rad hose, right shape, but it was too wide to fit on, need a narrower section of hose. I thought about cutting up an OEM one but the shape is still wrong.

Anyone done this before? I'm kind of at a loss.

-
Back