Radiator overflow tank

-
if you keep your rad level a couple of inches low or low enough to account for the expansion then an overflow bottle wouldn't be required.Doing that is probably easier and simpler
True, except that a catch-can is required at drag strips... :p

My preference is for the recovery set-up with a easily visible level and downward tank venting.
No fuss, no drips, no hot coolant steam in the face...and I know whats going on without removing the cap, hot or cold.

Depends how sexy you want to get with it, lol.
Mine does not have a lid, but has a manual release valve on it.

overflow tank.jpg

Depends how sexy you want to get with it, lol.
Mine does not have a lid, but has a manual release valve on it
If that tank does not have a topside air hole or tube it is a pressure vessel and your rad pressure is going to be higher than cap pressure

Overflow bottles must have a vent to atmosphere

Here's mine that I'm using on my 74 Dart. It fits 92-95 Chrysler minivans. It has a much larger capacity than the Hyundai one. I tweaked the mounting bracket and inlet nipple a little with a heat gun for a better fit. The upper mount lines up perfectly with one of the factory reservoir mounting holes. Probably too big if you have horn up there. I haven't run the hose yet or made a bracket for the bottom for added strength. The factory part number is 4546519. It's discontinued and there's no aftermarket ones being produced but there's a few NOS ones still out there as well as used.

VideoCapture_20240502-130718.jpg

20240502_120822.jpg

20240502_120747.jpg

Here is my cheap overflow bottle, needed it for the drag strip. It's a pepsi bottle that I vented the cap on, never had issues and it passes tech lol.

VideoCapture_20240503-105211.jpg

-
Back