RADIATOR OVERFLOW

-
I got mine from Champion Radiator. It's a very nice looking vertically-oriented cylinder. Mine is about 12" long but they come in many lengths for however much overflow capacity you want. It was fairly priced, I think I only paid about $35 for it. You can see the top of it to the right of the radiator in the photo.

20160909_200746.jpg

I got mine from Champion Radiator. It's a very nice looking vertically-oriented cylinder. Mine is about 12" long but they come in many lengths for however much overflow capacity you want. It was fairly priced, I think I only paid about $35 for it. You can see the top of it to the right of the radiator in the photo.

View attachment 1715261473

Very nice! Is it a recirculating style can?

Same style radiator Jason (prorac2) has.

Thank you. Eric

No, it's not recirculating. It's just an overflow. I didn't want the car puking on the ground on hot days. And yes, that's a Champion radiator as well. I went this route initially and it's what is in the car now. It works very well, the temp needle never moves after the thermostat opens up. But I decided I wanted to go full sleeper mode so I shelled out the astronomical bucks to get the original re-cored. It will be going back in when I build the engine over the winter.

Use any coolant recovery bottle which fits in your space.

A partial pressure cap. I use the Stant model

Make sure the line to the bottle is clamped. Any pressure loss will defeat the coolant recovery process.

This will keep your radiator filled to the top at all times.

Last edited:
Summit Racing has plenty to choose. I went with their cylindrical black plastic with the shut off valve in the bottom. Cheap, too. Used it on my race car for many years and it worked fine.

I've used the black plastic Summit Racing one before and liked it.

where's the "we don't need no stinkin' overflow" guys?
:popcorn:

I've used the black plastic Summit Racing one before and liked it.
I saw a lot I liked, but I could already see this one would fit. The Price was right, but mostly Amazon had it to me next day. Actually I probably could have used a milk jug to get by but I didn't want to chance it at tech.

@AndyF's fits neatly and holds more fluid. For those of us with the horns in that location, the Dorman (for Hyundi) is narrower.
'67 Barracuda
upload_2020-2-19_9-45-31.png

Does not have a nipple for overflow hose from the recovery tank to the ground. At some point I'll add one.
Zip tie at top helps stabalize it even with a more supportive bracket.
upload_2020-2-19_9-49-19.png

upload_2020-2-19_9-47-5.png

I looked at using that one in my Duster but I have that 27 inch Cordoba radiator so I didn't have room down at the frame rail. I ended up ditching the horns and used the space for the more rectangular overflow bottle. Not sure what the application is for it, I just bought it off of Amazon. Might be from a Honda or something like that.

Small universal (sort of hex shaped) bottle kit from Advance Auto on my 67. Upper horn does touch the side of it. Lower horn was moved to other side of bracket.

-
Back