Radiators

-

cannucky

The Guy With No Birthday
Reaction score
Where can I get a good 22" rad here in Canada , I was going to buy a Champion from Challengergary but people started bitching about the tranny line fittings having the wrong threads so now I don't know if I should risk it

if it does not have the right fittings ....can't you just run adaptor fittings? or cut the heads off of your own line and put the matching fittings on and reflare them?......or put the matching fittings on with a chunk of line with fittings on the opposing end to union into your existing fittings or run a short stretch of rubber line.

seems like there are a few options for you so I wouldnt call yours and garys possible deal off just yet.

if it does not have the right fittings ....can't you just run adaptor fittings? or cut the heads off of your own line and put the matching fittings on and reflare them?......or put the matching fittings on with a chunk of line with fittings on the opposing end to union into your existing fittings or run a short stretch of rubber line.

seems like there are a few options for you so I wouldnt call yours and garys possible deal off just yet.

I'm not , I'm just exploring my options , I would not hesitate to do business with Gary he's a great guy but I would rather not have to buy a bunch of fittings and specialty tools if I can find a bolt in replacement here in Canada
PS I'm going to drive this car 2700 miles each way to a show in Ontario so any form of cobbling such as chunks of rubber hose is not going to cut it

I dint mean "cobble" it together....rubber can be used in a manner other than cobbling.

yeah maybe if you ran steel for 3" then rubber for 4" and then back to steel a few more inch's and then back to rubber all the way to the trans I would say it was cobbled lol.

as for fittings and specialty tools.....fittings can be got pretty cheap and require the same tools you would need to hook up any other radiator anyways.

some radiators I have scene come factory with reducer fittings in the original fittings as they were used on multiple applications and you had the option to use the reducer fittings or remove them to use the original fittings.

wouldn't take much time or money and could be done with no cobbling.

I understand your looking for a hassle free direction and looking for your options.....I am just saying is that I wouldn't rule out the first option as it is definitely doable and in a reliable manner aswell.

Cannucky did you find a bolt on Rad in Canada ?

I'm in Ontario and in need of a good source in Canada or Michigan where I can buy a bolt up Aluminum Rad for my 8 Dart..

I am hoping to be ready for MoparFest ...

Cannucky did you find a bolt on Rad in Canada ?

I'm in Ontario and in need of a good source in Canada or Michigan where I can buy a bolt up Aluminum Rad for my 8 Dart..

I am hoping to be ready for MoparFest ...

not yet I'm shooting for the week before so I can drive to Moparfest , just saw some scary pics and comments in the champion radiator thread on FABO not sure what to do the Griffon ones are close to $600 which is a little more than I want to spend eh , let me know if you have any better luck

not yet I'm shooting for the week before so I can drive to Moparfest , just saw some scary pics and comments in the champion radiator thread on FABO not sure what to do the Griffon ones are close to $600 which is a little more than I want to spend eh , let me know if you have any better luck
I bought a champion 22inch 3 core onebay for less than 200 shipped, no problem with installation.

I bought a champion 22inch 3 core onebay for less than 200 shipped, no problem with installation.
what are you cooling with it? {engine size } are the tranny lines tight ? I really want that to be the solution but the bad press is a little off putting and I'm spending a goodly sum for the 410 I'm having built , sure don't want to kill it by buying a bad rad eh !

I purchased a Champion 22" 3 Aluminum 3 core from Reliable Radiator for my 68 dart 340cu. Out of California. Also got a Crome over flow bottle too..
The rad came with a 16" Electric fan too...

It was a perfect bolt in........

I went through his Ebay ad.... http://stores.ebay.com/Reliable-Radiator

I bought a 22" Champion from ChallengerGary it hasn't arrived yet but hopefully it will come tomorrow or the next day

-
Back