Radio antenna

-

67dodgedartconv

Reaction score
Is there a radio antenna that will fit a 69 Barracuda that has a base for a screw in mast? Looking for one I can take off easily to put on and take off car cover. Thanks for any ideas.

Haw about a retractable antenna. Would look more stock.

The originals screw in & out.

I just put them in finger tight when the car cover comes off & remove it again before the cover goes back on.

The similarities between my 90 D150 series pickup and 75 Duster is that both antennas interchange on the mast. Both antennas are identical. I’m pretty sure the antenna base bolt on the mount didn’t change size through many years. Not sure about a Baracuda. A salvage yard sourced base off a truck as late as 93 may get you close to your goal while using factory stuff. Just an idea to keep it Mopar.

So far as I know ALL Mopar OEM antennas from somewhere around 67 onwards screw in / out. If yours does not perhaps it was an aftermarket replacement.

Some, like my 67 B'cuda, have a telescoping antenna that doesn't fully retract.
The solid mast that screws into the base is more common/standard.
The antenna base along with the hole in the fender did change at some year model but I don't know exactly when. If I was going to buy a OEM antenna without research, I would look for 68 or 9 with fingers crossed.
The very best solution for a car cover is antenna delete plug for fender. Route a long antenna cable down the right inside and toss any little part yard antenna in the trunk. It works for todays more powerful local radio signals, even better in a tent/vert.
The problem is finding that delete plug. They are rare as hens teeth.

have a telescoping antenna that doesn't fully retract.
Same as mine...

I thought the single solid mast antennas were a relatively new (like 80s-90s) thing ( I have been wrong before!!!)

Same as mine...

I thought the single solid mast antennas were a relatively new (like 80s-90s) thing ( I have been wrong before!!!)
My 68 notch back had the solid mast type. I have a complete antenna for a 73 Valiant here that won't fit the hole in a B'cuda. Again I don't know exactly when these changed.

I think the telescoping ones were for AM only radios with FM having solid

-
Back