Raised White Letter Tires ? or Not ?

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
So here's a couple photochopped pics of my Dart with my new wheels which are on a truck somewhere headed for my door.

I'm kind of partial to the white letters, but I've been searching, and the only thing I can find in the size I want with white letters is TA radials.

There seem to be lots of 15" tire choices left if I want to go Blackwall.

I do think it looks pretty good, either way. What cha all think ? Letters or not ?

Attachments

• testfile1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 532
  • testfile2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 508
Yes, white letter tires really make a car pop in my opinion and I like them the most but thats just me. I think they look good on yours.

Since raised white letter tires were very popular and kind of went hand in hand with muscle cars I prefer most cars with them. However, your car looks REALLY good without them in the photo you posted. So I am exactly on the middle of the fence on this vote.

i like them, they do make the car pop

Attachments

• car show 013 (1280x853).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 544
i say yes when i could finally afford wheels and tires i wanted to show them off

I like 'em........Especially on such a clean and mean car as that. It's a detail that sets it apart from the ricers and pro-touring crowd. :mrgreen:

Since raised white letter tires were very popular and kind of went hand in hand with muscle cars I prefer most cars with them. However, your car looks REALLY good without them in the photo you posted. So I am exactly on the middle of the fence on this vote.

My feeling exactly!

Obviously I'm a fan of the white lettering.

It would certainly suit your car.

Attachments

• demon001.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 482
I don't like white lettering on tires but since your vehicle is white it actually looks alright with the white lettering.

Same here, his car looks very clean both ways.

My tire/wheel guy talked me into putting the white letters out, still not sure if I like them that way.

Raised white letters would get you beaten up in our neighborhood :(

I don't mind them on some cars though......like Mustangs, or Camaros :mrgreen:

I'm drawn to the picture with the White Letters. As stated previously, its personal preference. Go for it!

I was also in the same situation as you, white or black wall, i went with black, the wheels are Rocket wheels, still thinking of white, now i see your pics..Hmmmmmmmm.........

Attachments

• DSCN0096.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 316
I like them both, but if I had to pick I would go with the picture without the letters...

onetornu, I also like your car as is!

I just replaced all four of my Goodyears with BF Goodrich T/A Radials. You be the judge... I do like the blue on the lettering and am hoping that it will not wear off for a while.

Attachments

• Duster pictures 021611 001.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 296
  • Duster pictures 021611 004.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 324
  • Duster pictures 021611 003.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 311
Dustermaniac,
Nice Blue letter T/A's ya got there. Unfortunately, I think that coating is made of soap or something, it will come off the first time you wash the tires.

But along that line, I've thought of making my own Red letter tires. Get some T/A's, color them in with a big fat Red sharpie,or magicmarker. Could look cool

-
Back