Raising the rear of your car,

-
They will raise it substantially. However, if your rear shocks are in the original location, make sure your rear shocks are at least 28" long at full extension or buy some new shocks or shock extensions. Expect it to sit higher on the passenger side by about an inch.

You can get new leaf springs from ESPO Springs and Things.

I have their +1" springs on my car. I believe they also make the +2" as well as stock height.

Dont us shakles to raise your back end.

sig pic is with old stock springs.

the Big picture is with the new ESPO 1" over springs.

Attachments

• dartside.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 317
Cheap way/ Shackle kit form Summit with 4 or 5 adjustment holes, get your desired height and them cut the excessive shackle off.

You can get new leaf springs from ESPO Springs and Things.

I have their +1" springs on my car. I believe they also make the +2" as well as stock height.

Dont us shakles to raise your back end.

sig pic is with old stock springs.

the Big picture is with the new ESPO 1" over springs.

That is what I did on my ol'Duster. An excellent way to do it. The shackles are the cheapest way, the springs are the best way. And yes, when you call them up, they'll ask if you want a 1 or 2 inch over bend on the springs.

I filled my trunk with helium. Worked great.

Air shocks and longer shackles can mess up the handling and are not the best way to raise the rear end, the best way is with springs. Below is a picture of my 68 Barracuda with the Mancini XHD springs.

IMG_0810.jpg

why is everyone down on shackles

The longer the shackle, the more likely it might bend on a hard turn. those with multiple holes would be more prone to such a failure. It's just physics 101. That and some folks think they look cheap (well, they are!)

ATB BC

The best way is to get a tire that fits the wheel well. If you need to raise the car for tire clearence, you're asking for trouble. I've bought the results of doing that many times for my wrecking yard. A big bump or dip, blown air shock, or wimpy shackles can cause an oversize tire to bind and/or lock up with loss of control.

i was gonna say go to a spring shop and just have them arch the originals up a little but it may change the over all length eye to eye. we do that at work a lot with trucks, but never tried on an old car. you could always have them add a spring too.

-
Back