Rally wheels on early Dart???

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Are there any of you that have rally wheels on an early Dart? I have a 66 Dart and found a set of small bolt rallys. I searched through all my early A photos and couldn't find a photo. I'd like to see what they look like b/4 I sandblast and paint. I also need 2 acorn center caps, not the bullet caps but the later model acorns. Thanks, toolmanmike

I have one pic I have found so far with the Ralleys on my 66 Dart, not the best but I think it will give you an idea.

tn_Darttop1.jpg

tn_Darttop1.jpg

tn_Darttop1.jpg

Thanks for the response. I remember your Dart photo from an earlier thread.
Mike

Thanks for the response. I remember your Dart photo from an earlier thread.
Mike

Are there any of you that have rally wheels on an early Dart? I have a 66 Dart and found a set of small bolt rallys. I searched through all my early A photos and couldn't find a photo. I'd like to see what they look like b/4 I sandblast and paint. I also need 2 acorn center caps, not the bullet caps but the later model acorns. Thanks, toolmanmike

My 69 Dart, Love my Ralley Wheels... Looks good. I was going to get Cragar Old School, but changed my mind

CIMG1059.jpg

I had them on my 66 when I first bought it but went to steel's & poverty caps just due to personal preference. As for center caps if its just a Driver my buddy got a set of plastic ones for $20.00 bucks a set at Carlisle I'm sure if you check with the major parts places there available.

i also have a set that i have yet to put on my 65, and from the pictures, it looks awesome. a question though. the ralleys i have currently have tires on them. al in great shape, the problem is that i think 2 of the tires are probably too big. the fronts have 205s and the back has 235s. can anyone tell me if they are too big before i try? my thought is to put the 205s in the back and put 185s in the front. any ideas?

I just ran out to the garage and checked: I've got 195/70's on the front and
205/70's on the rear. I should try some 225 or 235's on the rear. Before I bought my ralley wheels I was toying with 15x7's on the rear but they are quite expensive just to try. Years ago I used to work at a speed shop/parts store and we would mount up what ever just to see how it looked. It's hard to do that now. Mike

Just so not to start another thread I'm posting questions here. Apologies in advance to original poster0, not trying to hijack your thread.

My questions are...are these the correct rims/centercaps for this car and year? What is the proper name for this style?

The rear has the holllow lug nuts on because the bolts are super long...what would be the proper length I'll need to order to replace these longer lugnut bolts?

TIA!

IMG_0359.JPG

cuda12, I believe those center caps are for 72 small bolt pattern. You should use the pin style. If you're looking to swap, I'm looking for a set for my Demon lol

Grant

If my lug studs were too long I'd cut them off with a dye grinder or hacksaw easier than replace them. Round the ends for easy start ofcourse.
All the center caps are repoped now. Like 75 each for pot metal and 75 gets all 4 in plastic. Both light and dark argent available.

OOM: whats the pin style, and swap for ???

Red: never thought of that, so its hard to replace those lug nut bolts?

So basically these rims are for a 72 model? What came on the 71's originally?

It's not so much that your rims are '72 model it is that the center caps are '72 up model. The rims appearance wise are the same for all years just the caps were different. DudeDartM0069's pic shows the '71 caps on his car. All you have to do is remove your wheel and remove the screws that attach the caps and just bolt on new caps then reinstall your wheels.

Chuck

Thanks 340Mopar. I thought they were those type. I ahve those on the 70 GTX. If OOM has the 71's I'd trade him if he really needs these for his Duster.

Wow, checking the sites its pretty expensive for a set of caps. Roughly $220.00 give or take.

Next question I guess would be would the 71 Dart have light or dark grey argent?

Actually my 70 GTX has the dark argent, maybe buy a set of light grey and swap out with the GTX?

Remember a-bodies and b-bodies have different bolt patterns until '73 then it is a mix of 4" & 4.5". Is your car still the 4" pattern or has it been converted to 4.5" pattern?

Chuck

OOps good question...how would I check that? I'm a n00b and a bit embarrassed sorry guys.

Guess a swap from the GTX to the Dart is out of the question. :p

Just saw a reminder in a different thread. It's PGClassics that had the repop centers I saw before.

Thx Red, well i did a search for PGClassics but only get a christian literature/book site. All others that come up are blogs/forums that mention PGClassics, funny. I'll keep trying.

Nevermind, I was adding the S...www.PGClassic.com...is correct. Found it and thank you.

-
Back