Ran 9.96@139 today then broke maybe flexplate ???

-
IMG_0910.JPG
Old age is a *****

Correct my thinking here but it seems if it was going to break, a nice clean two Pieces would be better then it scattering into a big mess? It would almost seem like it was designed that way?

That makes me nervous when they break like that.

Thrust bearing ?
Converter moving in and out ?
Causing Fatigue ?

Id be looking close at the balance job, the dampener and check to make sure the front bushing isn't out of the pump.

To tear a center out like that isn't normal. I'd never put that back together until I found the cause.

Id be looking close at the balance job, the dampener and check to make sure the front bushing isn't out of the pump.

To tear a center out like that isn't normal. I'd never put that back together until I found the cause.

I just added a pulley to the balancer and a single wire alt. But prior to that on several occasions the starter would bind up and stop cranking almost like a loose starter, but it wasn't loose. Now I was thinking the flexplate was on its way and finally gave. Guess I'll call my trans guy.

I wouldn't worry. Looks to me like that was going for a while and you didn't hear it. As far as "rarely breaking that way" I've seen everything from stock 2.4LStratus to RAM CTDs do that for no other reason than the part failed. It happens. The launch is softer than the upshift so it went bye-bye then.
I would, however, go over the car bumper to bumper and visually inspect everything. If that's worn out, things like rod ends, wheel bearings, and Ujoints might also be worn or gaskets may be seaping. Stupid stuff that ruins a day.

I would, however, go over the car bumper to bumper and visually inspect everything. If that's worn out, things like rod ends, wheel bearings, and Ujoints might also be worn or gaskets may be seaping. Stupid stuff that ruins a day.
Or you could live a little and go for a ride with him "as is", he has a passenger seat..... :poke:

Or you could live a little and go for a ride with him "as is", he has a passenger seat..... :poke:

Car is all back together. Everything is ok. Took a good look around and couldn't find any other problems. I had to take out the pass seat to take out the trans but I put it back just for you, lol. It was a bracket car, it had all the bugs worked out a long time ago, no leaks, runs cool, goes straight and now that I've added an alternator it can go lap after lap without worries. I'm going to screw the rear tires to the rims and drop the air pressure and get back out there.
Mopar's at Lebanon is October 21-22

Congrats on the 9.96, hope the repairs aren't too difficult. Can you please post a pic here of your old Duster?

Edit: I see you've fixed it. Good luck with it.

IMG_0647.JPG
Congrats on the 9.96, hope the repairs aren't too difficult. Can you please post a pic here of your old Duster?

Edit: I see you've fixed it. Good luck with it.
Thanks, this is the only pic I have.
This car had a 498 with Indy heads
and a 200shot

-
Back