Ran Into Jesse James !

-

DartThis74

Reaction score
Man yall would never guess what my luck lead me to finally lol. When I was at the airport in Austin getting ready for my trip to San Diego my dad spotted Jesse James at a little cafe place at the airport when we walked by. I couldn't believe it and sitting next to him was Sandra Bullock ! apparently they were waiting for some family to fly in. So I went up and shook hands and that number and within the stack of hot rod and muscle car magazines he had in front of him he was reading an article about a 70s model Challenger =] Finally got to meet some celebrities :cheers:

70z042.jpg

2cyksvs.jpg

Very cool. It's always fun to run into celebs (although they may not feel exactly the same). BTW: Did I ever mention sitting next to Lee Majors & Farrah Fawcett on a flight returning from Honolulu to San Francisco? Whoops, did I just date myself? ;-)

I'd like to run into Jesse Jane, repeatedly. Warning, googling her name will return many NSFW images.

I was coming back from Austin one day and came up on Jesse on one of his choppers, got a :wave: when he saw the Dart. He and Sandra have a house somewhere in or near Austin

Yeah. She/they live in Austin. Wanna know what grocery store they shop at???

Very cool. It's always fun to run into celebs (although they may not feel exactly the same). BTW: Did I ever mention sitting next to Lee Majors & Farrah Fawcett on a flight returning from Honolulu to San Francisco? Whoops, did I just date myself? ;-)
It is cool. The only movie/TV celeb I met was Heather Lochlear back in 1988 but I have met a lot of musicians. Rush, Yes (more than once), ELP, The Dregs and Steve Morse (many times), Al DiMeola, Terry Bozzio, Brad Paisley, and Pat Travers. I have also met alot of racers: Dick Landy, Herb McCandless, Ken Montgomery, Jere Stahl, Arlen Vanke, Don Garlits, Bud Faubel, Dale Earnhardt, and Rusty Wallace. All of the musicians and racers were down-to-earth regular guys who were great to talk to. They weren't arrogant or snotty like so many Hollywood types.

Quick eye's DT74!! :thumbrig:
She is my sister so be good.\\:D/

You won't forget that day..:-D

I had my fingers all oily in Ron Mancini's 62 Max Wedge motor once. Was in Atlanta. That's when I decided I'd never run Harland Sharp rockers in any of my motors, cause they were the cause of his motor going poof. Also met Jerry Stein and Jack Werst and a couple of other old Max Wedge racers who's names escape me right now.

I had breakfast with Vincent Price in the S.F. Airport Hilton restaurant back in the 80's. Got a birthday wish from Frank Zappa for my 30th

bout the best I can do.

I had my fingers all oily in Ron Mancini's 62 Max Wedge motor once. Was in Atlanta. That's when I decided I'd never run Harland Sharp rockers in any of my motors, cause they were the cause of his motor going poof. Also met Jerry Stein and Jack Werst and a couple of other old Max Wedge racers who's names escape me right now.

I had breakfast with Vincent Price in the S.F. Airport Hilton restaurant back in the 80's. Got a birthday wish from Frank Zappa for my 30th

bout the best I can do.

Vincent Price and Frank Zappa! Very cool. Tell us (me) more about HS rockers giving you problems. I use Crane Golds on my mopars and have used Crane rockers arms on quite a few Ford builds (351C/351M/400M) with zero problems. Never used HS's though. I figured if I was going to pay that kind of cash, I'd go with T&D.

The HS rockers are really thick...or at least they used to be. They were so thick (how, thick, were they) They were so thick the bottom of them were cut in a crescent to clear the valve spring retainers. They really should have "square" cut them. cause what happened in Ron's motor was one (or more) of them "walked" and tried to push the valve open by using the bottom of the rocker on the spring retainer. This obviously allowed the keeper to pop out and bad things happened.

Could this be avoided by using a lock ring between the rockers? Yeah, probably if you had an idea something like this might happen if you didn't. but in this case it did.

Met John Wayne up in the San Jaun Islands here in washington state. He use to spend alot of time around here in his boat. A LOOOOONG time ago !!!!

John Wayne? How cool is that! My only claim to coming close to fame was when I was working in Aspen Colorado. I went to a bar close to the hotel and sat down at a table. I asked for a menu, and the waitress looked me up and down and whispered "It's way cheaper to sit at the bar and order". I gave her a blank look and she handed me the menu. 20 bucks for a burger. Yikes!

So, to make a short story long, I ambled up to the bar and planted my cheap poor ***. Now keep in mind, in Aspen, If you make 100 grand a year, your a broke ***, lol! Not that I was making that kind of money then but I thought I was doing quite well really. Anyway, I'm kicking back, checking out the bar menu and finding out that a New York strip is 12.95! Yee Haaa, now were talking.

So, I'm suckin' down my favorite cocktail when a bunch of guys walk in the period of say, 30 minutes. Well, they were all wearing the best of the best. i'm talking $500 shades and $1000 dollar dusters. Well, they all start talking about how people won't leave them alone and about the crazy women in town. I figured I'd ask them how and where the best fishing was and we all started talking about trout and best places and times to fish the Frying Pan river. In the midst of this conversation, one of the gentleman noticed me staring at his Super Bowl ring. He said "If you don't ask about this ring, I'll buy all your drinks." I said "Right on! Don't mind me, I'm just down valley trash."

They all started cracking up and said "It's nice to talk to a regular guy, no worries". To this day I have no idea who I was talking fishing with. :)

OK, so I got to chip in. Here's how bent my mind works at all the wrong times. I've met alot of people in my life. I used to bounce at a club, met the rockers. I've been in this hobby professionally all my life. I've been lucky enough to meet some of my heros. But, I hate it when my tongue doesn't realize what my brain is trying to do.
I had the pleasure to meet John Force off track and out of the lights. (Probably the context problem that got me.) He came down to the shop while I was bent over the fender of a '57 Nomad. Not showing my best side I only casually glanced at the shadow watching me work. He said Hi, I said Howdy, He said "I'm John Force."
I said, "I thought you were taller."

Rev.

(In my defense, he does look ten feet tall on TV.)

Well Memike if Sandra truly is your Sister.... if you don't mind me asking if you are down here in Austin sometime soon It would be pretty cool of you to ya know invite me over for lunch or something hahaha. But yah it was awesome meeting him. Pretty much my first true celeb i've met in person. I didn't want to be all up in their business and be like every other person and ask for an autograph and photo session, so i just shook his hand and had a brief conversation and went on my way. I noticed some lady asking Sandra for an autograph but Sandra turned her down. The weird thing is hardly anyone at all even noticed them, everyone walked on by like they were normal. Seeing a nice lookin' gal like Sandra I figured the guys would at least look hahah.
My cousin that lives in San Diego that i went to go visit said he used to see Jesse in L.A. quite a bit driving his chopper and hot rods around. I just liked the idea he was reading about a mopar when I walked up haha.

I totally forgot about my first job. I did a brief stint as a dishwasher at a dinner theater and while there I met Bob Denver and Dawn Wells from "Gilligan's Island" and Forest Tucker from "F Troop". Not celebs of the highest caliber but what the heck.

I wonder if he still lets little kids play with pitt bulls that kill eachother in his shop when nobody is around?

Although I've lived in SoCal all my life, the celebrity meets have been only a few: was on a flight with Andre the Giant (pity the poor little old lady that was sitting next to him in 1st class) a long time ago; also had Claude Akins walk up and use the urinal next to me in a restaurant rest room in San Clemente. Not exactly like meeting John Wayne in the San Juan islands!
Now my wife recently met Tricia Yearwood at a restaurant before a recent Garth Brooks concert in LA (I was stuck at home recuperating from a total knee replacement surgery), and had a 'meet and greet' with Dwight Yoakum before one of his concerts a couple of years ago. She also was caught sitting on the fender of Paul Peterson's 427 Cobra (by Paul himself) when she was a teenager.

-
Back