RARE 73 Dart Sport 4 speed?

-

Dust Ya

Reaction score
View attachment 3kc3m83lb5Y45Z65W5abm651535cfd87c175c[1].jpg

View attachment 3n63pf3l15Q35Z35W6abm5703b140042c11fc[1].jpg

View attachment 3n73k13p65U25P25X6abma213cafdbe4b1627[1].jpg

View attachment 3nb3k73mf5Y25P25X0abmaa1eb29d6db01f5a[1].jpg

I am curious to know if this is a rare car or not?

73 318 4 speed with O/D, PS, PB, AC, Fold Down rear Seat, Front Sway Bar. 8.25 rearend

What would something like this be worth, needing full restoration of course. It starts and runs but not drivable.

Thanks for the input.....

This is a stock unmolested car from what I am told. had a bench seat.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that OD trans was stock. I had one (Duster) with a 3spd manual, sure grip equiped rear and a moon roof. Still yet have to see another one.

It's probably worth more parted out. As a whole, and without pictures to judge, it may be only a $500 car.

My 73 dart sport came from the factory with a 318, 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear, fold down rear seat, ps, a/c, but no sway bar, pb, or od. it does have manual disc brakes and the sun roof though.

Judging by the grille and the fact (?) that it has an overdrive 4 speed, it's a '75 or '76 model. You may want to check the VIN and paperwork closely before buying it. If the car is solid, it's worth way more than the $500 Rumblefish says...at least around here it is! If you don't want it, I'll come over and take it! If it's a '76, (foot operated e-brake) those are not common at all. They had to compete in sales with the new Aspen/Volare line.

Just a note, my $500 worth mention was before pictures were up.

The car above should be fairly inexpensive and I would not pay over 2G's for it. It is still a little hard to see with the shots being small. Truly, a up close and personal inspection is what I would need. Frame rot? Inner frame rails at the engine side (Drivers mostly for some reason) would have to be noticed, at the rear, bumper and it's attaching points. Etc.....

what's its v.i.n. ?

That is a '75 grille ; '76 had ambre-coloured lenses .

O.D. trans was a late '75 intro .

8.75" diff was last used in 1972 in "A" Bodies ; 1974 in "B" , "C" and "E" . An 8.25" was the best rear for '73 & later .

Maybe you've got a '73 340 or '74 360 there , with the later grill (?)

Post v.i.n. and fender tag if possible .

cool project, cant see any rust in the floor or engine bay, looks like an easy resto, my guess $1500

Thanks guys for all your comments. I checked it out again yesterday and ran the VIN number. It is a 1975 car as some of you pointed out. It is pretty straight, nice body. The only rust is in the spare tire area, everything else looks solid. I never expected to take on a big project like this but after 20 years I think the fever is back. The only major things missing are front seats and rear bumper.

Looks like another project coming my way.

Well, if it is a restore project, the expensive seats and replacement items are just part and parcel of the whole deal and will cost accordingly as per resto's price tags do.

on the hot rod front, summit racing buckets and fiberglass bumpers are cheap by compare.

Looking very foward to this new and up coming thread of yours!
(hint hint hint!!!! LOL! )

That is a great car. I worked at a Dealership back then and we sold alot of the 318 4 speeds to get under the Insurance radar as the 340-360 cars were double the cost. So rare? Completed about 12 grand or so when the market was good.

8.75" diff was last used in 1972 in "A" Bodies [/QUOTE]
You may be right on that. My 73 had an 8 3/4 when I got it, but It was already modified even before I bought it. It doesn't really matter on my car because there isn't very many original parts left on it at this point anyway

8.75" diff was last used in 1972 in "A" Bodies
You may be right on that. My 73 had an 8 3/4 when I got it, but It was already modified even before I bought it. It doesn't really matter on my car because there isn't very many original parts left on it at this point anyway[/QUOTE] Funny thing : the dealer brochures mention the 8.75" as being the diff in the 340 Duster , at least in early ( late 1972 press ) issues of '73 brochures .

You're right : doesn't matter . If anything , you've got yourself an upgrade 8)

I bought this car as you see it in the pictures. This will be the biggest project I have yet to tackel. It has a 8 1/4 in it now which isnt bad for a driver. I would like to get a 8 3/4 down the road. Well wish me luck. I am glad to finally have a 4 speed car with sport suspension 9Sway bar), not to mention some of the other options.

-
Back