Rat Rod Al and Hurricane Ian

-

Grumpyoldman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For those who may not know, Al and Teresa's home is in St JMames Bay City, FL. Its an Island. As near as I can tell from the Nat'l Hurricane Center website, the eye of Ian went directly over their home. While the Island is a bit protected by another boundary island the storm surge was predicted to approach 18 feet. When I talked to Al yesterday, they were evacuating to friends on the mainland.

Please keep them in your prayers.

I was just reading that thread. Powers out so if he doesn’t have a smart phone we won’t hear from him for a while. Glad he wasn’t hard headed and moved to the mainland at least.

I hope Al and Theresa are safe! He will chime in as soon as he can i’m sure.

I bought Al's Cuda awhile back and still have his contact info--ill pass the word when I hear something back from them.

Maybe we will from them soon. My sister lives in Sarasota but they rode it out in Weston where my brother in law had surgery a few days ago. Of course they can't find out what damage they may have. Praying for everyone's safety. Joe

Prayers for Al & Theresa, and all of the rest of y'all in FL. I texted Al yesterday. He said they had done all they could do to protect their place and were hitting the road to go inland to stay with friends.

Having lost my beachfront apartment to storm surge from Hurricane Katrina I am willing to bet the home will probably not make it.
Even if it doesn’t get washed completely away it will be extremely damaged.

I just pray that they are healthy and safe. Possession can be regained.

Looking to hear back from all those affected:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
This may be the end of rat rod Al's garage sales.
" Splash into the savings with sweeping deals" "With deals this good they won't last...so don't miss them before they float away"

Something like that.

Exactly. A lot of worrying for nothing.
I’m not worried about Al and Theresa but unless their house is some sort of engineering marvel it’s probably fubar. Just being real. I know first hand what a tidal surge and 150mph winds can do to structures right on the water. Rip foundations out of the ground.

-
Back