Rat Style Muscle Cars

-
100_1179.jpg

100_1185.jpg
Once my dart sport is done,I’ll be looking for a 73-74 satty

This is sort of why I didn't want to do the body and paint on my 68. If anything I kind of want to plastidip the chrome in gunmetal.

8848674422_9b0be1eea1.jpg
Very nice…a 67-69 fish would be my next A body of choice when I’m ready…I tried relentlessly to get one till I ended up with my dart sport

My car would probably fit in this category.
Except for safety items, i did this car on the cheap.
It'd definitely a 30 footer. I put this car together with what i had for under 5 grand.
I used lots of Krylon color match spray bombs. Passenger side is original paint, everything else was done with the spray bombs.
The pics hide lots of flaws! The tires, wheels, interior etc are all used and just cleaned up.
Check out my build thread for more info!
Wow…you did a great job,…I’m very stoked to see the beaks getting loved by others. I Ave a 73’ sport and I had a lot of people trying to get me to change the front clip out and I almost did until people kept asking me what it was,…that made me want to keep the beak and I’m glad I did

That GM spatter trunk paint isnt bad looking. I did my old 69 charger with it.
I did bedliner in the trunk of my dart sport and I myself intend on doing a spatter paint as well. I have contemplated putting a vinyl top on mine after it isn’t ratty anymore,but for now I’m just enjoying it.

My current project will not have paint, just a scuff and clear to protect it.
Its a 47 on a 74ramcharger frame, 360 auto.

My future project a Challenger will remain in primer, I have enough parts to put it together.

I ruined my Duster by painting it, I dont want to drive it. It was way more fun as a work in-progress car.

100_2604.JPG

IMG_2295.PNG

100_2236.JPG

My Charger fits this bill better. Still in the build process. Here is now

20231226_144410.jpg

I will never not drive a car because I'm scared of something.

Is the rear mini tabbed? Stance is killer! Have rear wheel backspace? 15x10's?
Thanks! Yes it's mini tubbed with the axle moved back 1" to center it in the wheel opening. Good eye you are correct they are 15x10's with 3.75 backspacing. Total width of the slightly narrowed rear axle is 52 5/8" including the B body 10" drums. I plan on purchasing a few sets of wheels / tires for the car so I can change the look of it in a few minutes time. I should still have room to run 15x10's with 3.5" backspace as well. The fronts are 15x4.5's with 2.125 backspace. The Duster has Wilwood discs up front to help keep the width close to the same as the original drums.

1704222236653.jpeg

1704222366442.jpeg

I will never not drive a car because I'm scared of something.

I just realized that this includes not being scared of whether or not the car in question will actually make it back to the place I left from.

:rolleyes:

A last ditch attempt effort in the late ‘70’s to make a cool looking muscular car, the Magnum, ‘78 & ‘79.
Cost was $500. Fixed what was needed and away I went. A daily driver for about 7/8 years. I just dropped in a 2000-5.9 and a new TCI 727w/a 2500 stall, Edelbrock 750, RPM, chrome ignition box and super comp headers. The 9-1/4 w/3.23’s donated from a Cordoba gave up on the opinion seal and 3.55 gears were swapped in. Tires are 245/60/15 on all 4’s.

IMG_1679.jpeg

IMG_1678.jpeg

Last edited:
-
Back