RB main cap torque sequence, ???

-

C300

Reaction score
Some reason it's not in the manual I have. have ARP studs. I'm sure it is the same pattern, just different torques, and i have that. can't find it on the web at all ! Thanks, C300

Some reason it's not in the manual I have. have ARP studs. I'm sure it is the same pattern, just different torques, and i have that. can't find it on the web at all ! Thanks, C300

is this what you are looking for? i got it off of ARP web sight. I was not sure which stud kit you have so i picked the one they have on there web site. here is the instructions for the kit i found. it has torque specks for 3/8 and 1/2 studs.

[ame]http://arpinstructions.com/instructions/145-5603.pdf[/ame]

this is the stud kit i found.
http://arp-bolts.com/kits/instructions.php?RecordID=459

Hope this helps. Mopar65

Do you mean cylinder head sequence?

No, The Crank Caps. 5 Main Bearings. 10 studs just like mopar65 posted. Only P/N 140-5402. I have that info. thanks ! What I am looking for is the Sequence for torquing them. #3 Bearing left hand side is first if i remember correctly. 3 equal steps to (Hughes Engine says 90#) ARP says 110#. Can't believe it's no where to be found. 50 pages of Hondas...my 3 bibles are missing that. Just cylinder heads, and Small Block Mains. of course, that's what I built in the past :cheers: C300

Oh, What Torque do you guys use. Big Question !!!

Never heard of this

I used to put the thrust together first, so you could "seat" it and check it and put it out of your mind. Bring them up in steps alternating bolts.

If you mean steps to final torque just be sure your final step isn't to small. At least 20 lbs. Your final torque should be what the machine shop torqued them to when the mains were honed.

Thanks. I usually do the thrust first. to check end play. then check it after each other cap is installed. Making sure the thrust bearing is doing its job. but i read somewhere to do #3 first. so i will use the factory pattern during final build. thanks all !

Start with #3, don't forget to square up the thrusts by whacking the crank forward and aft in the block with a soft hammer, and torque in 3 steps making sure the last step is a steady pull to the final value.

That's interesting. I've got the "big block Mopar engines" book by Don Taylor...and it says to do #3 LAST. Exactly opposite of what everyone else is saying. What gives?? Kinda timely I suppose as I just torqued my crank down😬

I suppose one could argue having 1/2 the rear main and lack of other caps could allow a misalignment but I've never experienced it in taking one apart I did doing #3 first. I've just always done them that way...lol.

-
Back