re-plating

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
Have any of you had one of these re-plated. Also where can I find a gasket for these. I have a lot of rust behind these.

Attachments

• WP_20150323_001.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 486
If you had these re-plated, where did you have it done and how much did it cost.

I can vouch fot the quality ofSuperfineshinEe. He did a fantastic job on my Valiant chrome. Black Hills Plating & Polishing did my Barracuda back glass trim. I don't know the price though because it was mixed in with a bunch of other stuff.

You can get the gaskets all over ebay or from classic industries. I just bought a whole new set of those moldings from them too if you wanted to have an alternative. Layson's sells the mouldings & gaskets as well.

Thanks, ordered a set today.had ordered a complete gasket set, but didn't include these.

Super Fine Shine has 4 to 6 week turn around time or at least thats what he thought then. I should be getting them back soon. He is also doing the taillight bezels which I can't find in reporudction ones.

Layson's has the taillight housings, gaskets, and lenses brand new too. Just put a new set on mine Along with the brand new rear window trim. :blob:

2015-02-25%2015.23.34_zpstpmusihp.jpg

That looks absolutely amazing. I need the rear bumper, tail light lenses, and the chrome between the trunk and rear window. I know when I finish the paint these that I have will look horrible. 2 kids in college and 1 just told me he wants to take 2 classes over summer that we have to pay for. No financial aid or scholarship for these classes. On the plus side, he will graduate a year early.

Layson's has the taillight housings, gaskets, and lenses brand new too. Just put a new set on mine Along with the brand new rear window trim. :blob:

2015-02-25%2015.23.34_zpstpmusihp.jpg

Nova, did that set you back about a G? Drop dead finish but you paid....:prayer:

Yeah! I'd love my Barracuda to have a paint job like that, it's absolutely beautiful (nice colour too) - BUT, I'd have to sell my house! lol

I just showed my wife this beautiful picture of your Barracuda! All she could say is "Its red yours is blue". No clue as to the perfect beauty of your early a body and the far distant need of mine still needing all the chrome done and a new paint job! I just am working on installing new aluminum radiator and fighting all that goes with it, needing new fan, new hoses, bolts to mount it, drilling holes, refitting the cooling lines for the trans coolers. No easy fit at all. Just the top and bottom hoses are work as in todays world all hoses are pre fit and sized to cars not even close to my need. I had to go to 2 different parts stores just to match up hoses. I have spent over 450 just on this project so far. I am ready to drive her and just waiting for the new fan pick up tomorrow as old original was to wide for wider aluminum radiator. Issues, but when done she will be cooler running and old radiator no longer an issue with leaks and pressure.

65 Cudalover

Thanks for the compliments guys. Just waiting on the Supercharger, fuel injection, air conditioning, interior, and wheels then it'll be on the road.

-
Back