Re wiring Bat Temp Sensor-plug orientation?

-

robcuda

Reaction score
On a mag swap, can you please tell me if schematic usually shows plug with clip on TOP as standard? Below are 2 pics, is this the proper orientation? Have to sort the ground from signal and the diagram looks like clip is on top but sides look proper in other orientation. Thanks a bunch!

5CB7802E-4D94-4E69-B89E-6235B58D2722.jpeg

71D4437B-293E-45D3-BC74-05A56AE00476.jpeg

Somewhere on the diagram should be a legend of orientation, AKA is the thing pictured looking at the rear or front, and of which half, the harness or the sensor? BEST way is to see what wire color you need if you can see them in the harness

Somewhere on the diagram should be a legend of orientation, AKA is the thing pictured looking at the rear or front, and of which half, the harness or the sensor? BEST way is to see what wire color you need if you can see them in the harness
The pic is of the bat temp sensor plug. I have to cut the plug and hard wire but the wires to the sensor are both black. Is it reasonable to believe that all diagrams show the end of plugs with the clip on the top for orientation? Most other plugs shape are obvious but not this one :(

I would not make assumptions. What is these diagrams you are using? Somewhere they have to me marked "top clip" does not tell you much if you don't know if the view is "from the rear" or "from the front" as it will be a mirror image one way

I would not make assumptions. What is these diagrams you are using? Somewhere they have to me marked "top clip" does not tell you much if you don't know if the view is "from the rear" or "from the front" as it will be a mirror image one way
Thanks Del for making me question my thought process. I was able to figure it out. The pinout is of the harness side not the plug side. I'm a little slow, but learning.

Some of these modern diagrams are not much help. I bought the entire huge volumes for my 04 GMC (paper) and am VERY dissappointed in lack of real useable information

I believe that temp sensor is simply a temperature variable resistor. In that case polarity would not matter.

Some of these modern diagrams are not much help. I bought the entire huge volumes for my 04 GMC (paper) and am VERY dissappointed in lack of real useable information
Yeah, the diagram was a pinout for the Bat Temp Sensor , I looked at the sensor and assumed it was for the plug, but it was for the harness side.
I believe that temp sensor is simply a temperature variable resistor. In that case polarity would not matter.
I appreciate your response. The plug unit wires are both black and I thought the same. But as I went deeper I did figure out that one wire is a signal wire and the other is ground. I have not found the harness ground. There seem to be two camps as to whether a computer ground can be grounded anywhere vs back into the harness

Except that he was talking about shorting it for some test. You would not want to ground the supply side

-
Back