REAL int'restin'---NHRA lawsuit

-
Looks like a hand full of fat cats using the non-profit thing to fill their pockets. Given the economy I've heard the IRS is going to get very tough!
Sounds like someone at NHRA pissed off the wrong person!

I've got no problem with the NHRA being non-profit. I'd rather have them knock on my door on Saturday mornings with a free copy the NHRA rule book than all these so called churches. ;-)

Well It does not set well with me to criticize churches. Anyone who does not realize how God operates on this earth is pretty shallow. I havebeen around cars for all my life and I have very fond attraction to them. But as to God He is formost, and first in my life. A person is only going to give to God if he/she is led to and if they are not they will not. God will bles those that do, and the people that receive the monies will answer to god on how they use it. Im sorry for using this space to express my thoughts but you opened the can of worms.

Now you've done it Ram.:angel12:

Jesus is coming, for God's sake look busy........;-)

......and lighten up there St. Peter, God has GOT to have a sense of humor.

Just look around at you fellow man...................

This could get interesting....:glasses1:
Another candidate for this maybe http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=129441.

I'll try and follow this thread.

;-)

Now you've done it Ram.:angel12:

Jesus is coming, for God's sake look busy........;-)

......and lighten up there St. Peter, God has GOT to have a sense of humor.

Just look around at you fellow man...................

Of course He has a sense of humour, I just look back at my life so far. ;-)

just think ...if they have to start paying corporate income taxes....

corporations do not pay taxes...they pass the cost on to their customers...

Well It does not set well with me to criticize churches. Anyone who does not realize how God operates on this earth is pretty shallow. I havebeen around cars for all my life and I have very fond attraction to them. But as to God He is formost, and first in my life. A person is only going to give to God if he/she is led to and if they are not they will not. God will bles those that do, and the people that receive the monies will answer to god on how they use it. Im sorry for using this space to express my thoughts but you opened the can of worms.

Howdy cuda2ya, I know what ramcharger means, and he did not direct it to god, Slow down and don't pass judgment on anyone that would say that. I my self feel the need to help spread the word at time's but I do not like it when strangers of the world come knocking on my door to feel like they are doing the right thing...... There are many of these so called churches that are...... how do yea spell Keruptted and untrusting.
Hope this makes sense and not anger :toothy2:

Howdy cuda2ya, I know what ramcharger means, and he did not direct it to god, Slow down and don't pass judgment on anyone that would say that. I my self feel the need to help spread the word at time's but I do not like it when strangers of the world come knocking on my door to feel like they are doing the right thing...... There are many of these so called churches that are...... how do yea spell Keruptted and untrusting.
Hope this makes sense and not anger :toothy2:

MeMike, Nothingbutdarts and a lot of these guys know me. I was not critisizing God. No way, no how. :thumleft: Mike knows exactly what I meant. :)

I've got no problem with the NHRA being non-profit. I'd rather have them knock on my door on Saturday mornings with a free copy the NHRA rule book than all these so called churches. ;-)

You got that right :thumleft::thumleft:

..........Well It does not set well with me to criticize churches................... But as to God He is formost, .............

Allow me to EXPLAIN something to ya. First, your comment has no place in this discussion. Second, the people that show up at my door are NOT concerned about whether or not I am "hooked up" with "the man" they are actually concerned about ........ MONEY

Please keep your comments about this out of my thread.

just think ...if they have to start paying corporate income taxes....

corporations do not pay taxes...they pass the cost on to their customers...

What makes ya think the NHRA doesn't pass it along already. One of the "heads" is allegedly making some over 700K a year. That's pretty damn good money for just about anybody.

Hey Ive appologized on another thread" your right Lets agree one one thing this is a good site and Ill try to keep it that way. Sorry again.

They aren't being sued.

It's a claim to review the "not for profit" status of the organization. Someone wants the NFP Charter pulled from them. IMHO, NHRA is as much a not for profit as General Electric.

I think churchs should have to pay taxes............

I'm not sure I agree (but then again, I don't necessarily disagree, either); it seems to me a sound argument can be made that exempting legitimate religious organisations from taxes is the price we all pay for freedom of religion.

HOWEVER, my mind gets made up real quick in cases where religious organisations actively participate in the political process, lobby or put money up or otherwise contribute to passing particular laws or regulations or ballot initiatives. Supposedly they can't do that and keep their tax-exempt status, but it happens all the time, bigtime, and it shouldn't. Religious organisations need to choose: either they keep well and truly out of politics, or they are tax-exempt. One or the other, not both.

And likewise, for-profit "religions" (Scientology, etc.) need to be taxed just like any other for-profit business.

Strikes me it's also possible to make a good argument that religious organisations that exert more than reasonable and normal costs to taxpayers need to be presented with the bill and made to pay up. Churches that routinely and habitually harbor and protect child-molesting clergy and actively block police investigation of same, for example.

you are correct..i did not click on your link...sorry....please forgive me....

Dang this thread sure did get way off topic. Any one want to put there .02 in on the price of tea in China?

exempting.................... ......................................legitimate........................ religious organisations from taxes is the price we all pay for freedom of religion.

............And likewise, for-profit "religions" (Scientology, etc.) need to be taxed just like any other for-profit business.

Pat Robertson comes to mind

you are correct..i did not click on your link...sorry....please forgive me....

'S OK, I was just crabby because I clicked on YOUR link and waited for the download just to find out it was the same pdf!!!!:sleepy1:

-
Back