really bad mopar news

-
Either way, you think they would have TWO premier cars like the Challenger and Camaro, or Challenger and Mustang?

Anyone else find the timing of this "leak" at least a little suspicious? 3rd quarter report hasnt come out just yet and heading into the final leg of the fiscal year? Kind of smells of the old "lets give the shareholders a little something to keep them calm" ........ Just a thought.

It really doesn't matter, they quit building Mopars a long time ago, they still put a Pentastar on there just to make us feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Every new Chrysler product out now is built out of plastic and wires. they are all junk.

These aren't our "Father's" Oldsmobiles anymore..

Still better if GM or Ford picks them up instead of Brand X......??

I'm Speachless,can you believe the people we elected to office have let this get this far ?there all fired!!!!! off with their heads!!!thats all I got to say about this subject right now,buuba,can ya pass the shrimp sauce?

The economy, leasing, and car loan problems are really taking a toll. The local Chrysler minivan plant here has 3 shifts. The minivans have been their bread & butter.

Current orders are at 1.9 days, normally, on average, there would be around 60 days of orders.

They are talking about going to rotating shifts soon with only one shift working while the other 2 are laid off each week. If it gets worse, or stays the same I can see a shift (or two) being cut here.

Earlier this year the St. Louis minivan plant was slated to shutdown completely. I think they have one week left before they're closed. Both plants had been running for years on minivan sales alone.

It's getting real serious now. Maybe Cerberus is gonna sell before things tank even worse. Something has to give.

Since Chrysler snubbed Kerkorian and Iaccoca back in '97 when they tried to take over, then screwed them on the "Merger of Equals" with Daimler by lying and saying it wasn't a takeover (Federal Court awarded Kerkorian over $600M for Daimler's scam), that sh*t would make me laugh my *** off! Why? Because Kerkorian took his settlement money and became the largest single GM shareholder with it. Then he orchestrated the Cerebus buyout of Chrysler, aka "The best f-king of Germany since WW2," since Daimler paid something close to $30B to "Merge" and Cerebus got the control of Chrysler for about $7B. Mopar's current line-up is out of step and demand, and GM is getting ready to introduce the 'over 100MPG' Chevy Volt...they'll be back-ordered forever and intro the technology/concept (from their Electromotive train group) into their product line. No matter my feelings for or against GM, they are going to come back from this dead market the absolute terror of the automotive world. Unless they build it with the same quality as the '77 Chevette...

Since Chrysler snubbed Kerkorian and Iaccoca back in '97 when they tried to take over, then screwed them on the "Merger of Equals" with Daimler by lying and saying it wasn't a takeover (Federal Court awarded Kerkorian over $600M for Daimler's scam), that sh*t would make me laugh my *** off! Why? Because Kerkorian took his settlement money and became the largest single GM shareholder with it. Then he orchestrated the Cerebus buyout of Chrysler, aka "The best f-king of Germany since WW2," since Daimler paid something close to $30B to "Merge" and Cerebus got the control of Chrysler for about $7B. Mopar's current line-up is out of step and demand, and GM is getting ready to introduce the 'over 100MPG' Chevy Volt...they'll be back-ordered forever and intro the technology/concept (from their Electromotive train group) into their product line. No matter my feelings for or against GM, they are going to come back from this dead market the absolute terror of the automotive world. Unless they build it with the same quality as the '77 Chevette...

I can only hope you're right. The only stocks I own are GM ones that my Dad gave me. They've dropped more than a half of their value since I got 'em...

If it happens, in todays market, it will be the long version of the death of chrysler.

The Jeep line will be the first thing to go...... They will sell it off eventually anyways, GM or not. I watched an interview the other day with a chrysler big wig & he assured that as long as chrysler was still chrysler, the jeep line wasnt going anywere. Maybe he was hinting with that chrysler is chrysler line.....

Hmmm. "Chrysler. The next AMC."

good call 6t9v-100,
as i noted in another thread i'm not by any stretch a market player, but i'm considering buying G.M. at its current price. seems like it can't go much lower, and they won't go bankrupt. hmmm

hey !!
us plymouth owners have been "orphaned" for some time now, for that matter your fathers olds too. embrace change, it just made your car worth more.

This is absolutely makin me sick deep in my balls, it will always be MOPAR or no car--they'll never take me alive. Maybe we can start our own co. called MOPARDS { diehard mopars--- or==moparretards] lol ANYWAY I HOPE THIS DOESNT HAPPEN.

I'm not sure how any of the Big 3 could buy or merge with each other. All of their stocks are in the crapper.

who cares. chrysler died in the early 70's. then it became a german car, now a private company owns it. had to know that wouldn't be good. just let the joke die already.

-
Back