Rear courtesy light for fastback Barracuda

-

Cal Craig

Reaction score
fellow members I need some help. I need the two mounting clips (one for each side) for the courtesy lights that mount behind the rear seat in the sail panel (for lack of a better description). During the taking apart of the car for restoration, the clips broke. Colorado's hot summers, cold winters, dry climate and high Ozone (due to the high altitude) levels play hell with plastic and rubber parts. I've checked all the major specialty after market places; Year One, ClassicCars.com, Herbs Auto Parts, Tony's, etc. No one has these. I have an old parts manual and all it shows is the 'bezel' part number 2822-185, but I believe that is just the bezel and not the whole assembly. Photos attached for a rough idea of what the part should look like and the place where it mounts. Thanks in advance for any help here.
Rear courtesy light holding clip.jpg
rear courtesy light location in panel.jpg

If you haven't already done so, check with R/T Specialties. Tom has more hard to find fasteners and stuff than anybody. Just be aware that he may be slow to respond. He's a one man show and stays VERY busy. Good luck in your search.
Page not found (rtspecialties.net) Uh oh! May be sending you on a wild goose chase, but give it a try.

I just did this with our 67 they are called "festoon bulb holder". I replaced the entire rear harness.
Those bulb holders are only available thru MH electrical. $11 each! I ordered 4 and it cost $31 in shipping so Canuck bucks is pretty damn close to $100 black is original, white is new. Check the wiring going to the holder. It gets brittle and is very close to metal where it can short out.

20220609_094949.jpg

I also replaced my bulbs with LEDs to keep them from melting down even further. My holders are on their last leg but still workable. Try to get the warmest light LED if possible if you want to keep it original looking when you open the door.

If you haven't already done so, check with R/T Specialties. Tom has more hard to find fasteners and stuff than anybody. Just be aware that he may be slow to respond. He's a one man show and stays VERY busy. Good luck in your search.
Page not found (rtspecialties.net) Uh oh! May be sending you on a wild goose chase, but give it a try.
Thanks, for the lead about R/T Specialties. He doesn't carry them.

I just did this with our 67 they are called "festoon bulb holder". I replaced the entire rear harness.
Those bulb holders are only available thru MH electrical. $11 each! I ordered 4 and it cost $31 in shipping so Canuck bucks is pretty damn close to $100 black is original, white is new. Check the wiring going to the holder. It gets brittle and is very close to metal where it can short out.

View attachment 1715939610

I've tried looking up MH Electrical and come up blank. Just a company here in Denver for A/c and home electrical repairs. Can you post a link to the company you bought these from. I've tried using a generic look up for festoon bulb holder and come up with nothing for our A bodies. thanks in advance. I love this Forum for all the help people provide!

I replaced every harness in my 69. Year One sells the M&H harnesses. They however do not offer the passenger side harness for the opera light among others harnesses!

I contacted M&H and then sent my original harness to them and they reproduced it and sent back the original. The rear harness from Year One had the driver side covered.

Any harness they offer that is not listed M&H will make for you. They have part numbers assigned for this as well as the accessory under dash harness they also built for me.

I can look the M&H part numbers up in my car $$$$$$$$ folder if needed!

IMGP1622.JPG

I replaced every harness in my 69. Year One sells the M&H harnesses. They however do not offer the passenger side harness for the opera light among others harnesses!

I contacted M&H and then sent my original harness to them and they reproduced it and sent back the original. The rear harness from Year One had the driver side covered.

Any harness they offer that is not listed M&H will make for you. They have part numbers assigned for this as well as the accessory under dash harness they also built for me.

I can look the M&H part numbers up in my car $$$$$$$$ folder if needed!

View attachment 1715940317

-
Back