Rear end swap

-
Why not loosen up the fuel tank strap and put a piece of wood and a prybar between the differential and the fuel tank and massage the fuel tank backwards and indent it at the same time. Seems like a much simpler solution than relocating a fuel cell into the trunk.

Why not loosen up the fuel tank strap and put a piece of wood and a prybar between the differential and the fuel tank and massage the fuel tank backwards and indent it at the same time. Seems like a much simpler solution than relocating a fuel cell into the trunk.

I'll give that a try.

I went through this a few years back with my 67 Barracuda (race/street car). I had put the full Caltracs setup on my car (link bars, mono leafs, shocks) and the added launch force crushed the stock axle tubes on my 8 3/4. So, I purchased and installed a Moser MO875 fabricated housing with back brace and ran into the same issue (it interfered with the stock sending unit). My resolution was to remove the stock tank and put a fuel cell in the trunk....Just know that if you go this route, you will have to put in a rear firewall to be NHRA compliant. This is what I did, and I was able to reinstall my back seat so you never see it.

Here's my filler set up with fuel cell. (no Spare tire well). I just used some exhaust pipe. Sorry no show quality here.lol

20200924_132940.jpg

20200924_133014.jpg

-
Back