Rear exit

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For those of you that are exiting your exhaust in front of the rear tires, does it allow fumes to enter the car in traffic or while stopped?

Exiting oil under the rear tires would be my concern. Had a friend that happened to he calls it the spin cycle that didn't end.

Mine exits just before the rear tires, and shoots out at a decent angle...never an issue with fumes or oil

I run a set of pypes mufflers and it sounds awesome

Side exhaust sound like crap in my book. I had a friend that had a 69 Corvette, 427 with factory side pipes, it sounded like ****! A good example is-stand behind 2 Dodge Vipers, one with the side exhaust and one with the rear exit pipes. The side exhaust always sounds like an old John Deere 2 cylinder popper and the rear exit exhaust sounds like an awesome sports car that it is. Just my opinion. You better wear ear plugs if you are going that route.

Yes, side exhaust is horrible because you are only hearing those four cylinders. Even drag cars with the big ole glory holes and fender exit exhaust sounds weird.

For those of you that are exiting your exhaust in front of the rear tires, does it allow fumes to enter the car in traffic or while stopped?
my dual 3 1/2'' dumps in front of the rear axle , never noticed any fumes ...

My 3 1/2's dumped in front of the rear. No fumes if the car is sealed.. I added the tail pipes to the turn downs for the police if pulled over. From behind the car you could feel and hear the exhaust out the back. I don't know how much was making it there. At the track people were amazed the car was going 10.50's through the tailpipes.

Steve 055.JPG

Steve 059.JPG

Steve 060.JPG

Steve 061.JPG

My typical exhaust exits out in front of the rear tires. Mufflers are straight through 11". No fumes I can speak to. Currently I have 8" collector slip ins and they exit at the end of header with a short turnout. There are fume issues with this set up. Exhaust needs to be outside of the body lines to be best.

-
Back