Rear Leaf spring bushings

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Whats the best method to installing leaf spring bushings into the rear of the springs? I tried last night and man there bugger... I even tried to use a little grease (write or wrong) any tips?

I think I read somewhere to put the rubber parts in a cold fridge and they would get a little smaller. Then they would slide in easy. Also remember to not use grease or it would cause them to squeak. Hope I read that and not dreamed it.
Good Luck and let us know

I think I read somewhere to put the rubber parts in a cold fridge and they would get a little smaller. Then they would slide in easy. Also remember to not use grease or it would cause them to squeak. Hope I read that and not dreamed it.

Now there is an idea I didnt think of. I may just try that. and you say no grease? Im not sure how this would make them squeek. But Ill try it.

I have read the same thing about the grease.

I found where I had read that. I ordered a complete set of bushings to rebuild the suspension of my Formula S and in the instructions that is what it says to do. Does it work, I don't know. I have a box full to start the rebuild when the time comes. It does say do not use grease or WD 40. Most of this is front end stuff, but I don't see it would be any different.

-
Back