Rear Suspension Question

-
This is probably a stupid question, but can't you put on two of the rights or lefts springs so that you have an level rear?

heres the deal... you have to figure out what exactly you want from the car.... then go from there.. what kind of times is the car running?

what kind of times is the car running?

It is a street car. I like the look of the suspension working on the drag cars. I know I am missing the main ingredient, HP, but she still has some punch to her.
She will have even more getty up when I swap out the 2.45 gears and add either 3.21 or 3.55's w/ sure grip.

I like the look of the suspension working on the drag cars.

your not getting that "look" without the power to achieve said look... save your money and leave the car the way it is...

Joe,
Is that Bill's set up? I have the air ride triangular and we had to fab everything. Looks good but lots of time. Air ride says with a tri 4 link you don not need a pan hard bar. It looks like yours sets up with the bar. What do you think? I already broke once at the weld on the frame and thought it was because of no bar.

yes mine is bills a-body set up.... air ride only makes them for b and e bodies.... he does sell them with coilovers to save you a few bucks... your right. no pan hard bar. seems ok to me without it... i knew the car handled well but didn't realize how well till i let bill drive it a few weeks after carlisle... holy crap... he had the car going around some nasty curves at almost 60mph and the car just sucked it up and stayed pretty much flat.. scared the hell out of me.... i'm too much of a wuss to go into a corner that fast...lol. what did you break on your car? bills kit is a heavy dudy set up... the crossbar is heavu and it gets the crap welded out of it to mount it....

I am fabing up my own pinion snubber.

Here is my finished product of a performance 8 1/4 pinion snubber. This is a picture before and after.

snub.JPG

what are you gonna do with it on the street?looks like it will be close to the floor... if it is it will drive you nuts when it hits the floor....

I test drove it today, and it would just touch the floor not hit on big, hard bumps. And I tested it on one of the worst country roads in the area, holes, wash boarding, and dip from culverts under the road. The end of the bump stop is about 1.5" to 2" from the floor. But it still does what I want. It really pulls the front up and stands up the rear. Not like a 650+ hp Hemi, but like a 270+ hp (estimation) 318.

yes mine is bills a-body set up.... air ride only makes them for b and e bodies.... he does sell them with coilovers to save you a few bucks... your right. no pan hard bar. seems ok to me without it... i knew the car handled well but didn't realize how well till i let bill drive it a few weeks after carlisle... holy crap... he had the car going around some nasty curves at almost 60mph and the car just sucked it up and stayed pretty much flat.. scared the hell out of me.... i'm too much of a wuss to go into a corner that fast...lol. what did you break on your car? bills kit is a heavy dudy set up... the crossbar is heavu and it gets the crap welded out of it to mount it....

The air ride 4 link we used is universal and must be welded. It is a very solid/ clean setup. The parts didnt break but the frame did. One of the links pulled right off and ripped the frame. We have since beefed up the welding and bracketry without incident. I only wish I would have put Bills Alter K on the front. TBars aren't getting it done for me.

oh ok... it pulled the frame apart.. damn.. what were you doing to it? really whooping on it?

yea i have the alter-k and love it.. the rack is incredible...

oh ok... it pulled the frame apart.. damn.. what were you doing to it? really whooping on it?

yea i have the alter-k and love it.. the rack is incredible...

It happened over time. There is a lot of lateral force on those bars when you hit hard turns and it slowly peeled the frame back. I dont think there was any single incident that caused it.

damn.. that sucks. yea i guess there has to be a ton of force on those since they are all that hold the rear centered.

-
Back