Rear Suspension Upgrade for Better Handling

-

BobK

Custom Builder
Reaction score
Now that I'm deeper into planning the suspension setup for my 67 Dart, I'm wondering what the best option is for the rear suspension. The goal for the car is to have something that handles really well- not necessarily auto-cross quality, but that would be nice.

The front will end up being one of the aftermarket coil over conversions, since I want to get the torsion bars and steering box out of the way for a 6.1 Hemi swap, but what's that right solution for the rear? I see a lot of guys running the Caltracs bars and spilt mono leafs, but that seems to be more for straight-line hooking up from what I can tell. The Street Lynx four-link could be an option as well, but I figured I'd see if there was anything else out there that I'm missing.

Thoughts?

For just a streey cruiser with significantly improved handling, Stock repro 340 springs and Bilstein RCD shocks. Maybe add an adjustable rear sway bar if after you get it together you feel it understeers (pushes).

the street lynx is an awesome product. made a huge difference when we installed in in my yellow dart..

jamies dart we just picked up a set of eton springs from http://bergmanautocraft.com/ pete the owner is a member here... he highly recommended these springs.

if you go new springs make sure you also get a high quality shock to go with them..

As a basic improvement to the rear suspension system while keeping it stock looking is the above mention to the 340 or 1 step up springs. Quality shocks are a must. I'm not with an adjustable sway bar set up. A thicker one yes!

Going beyond that, what AbodyJoe said.

-
Back