Rear tire fitment with 3 inch relocate kit on 70 Dart

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Would a 28x12.5x15 fit in the wheel well with a 3 inch spring relocation kit installed? Thanks (factory A body rear end)

Wheel width and BS choice will determine fitment. I installed 29 14.5's on a Duster 12 inch wheel 7.5 back space. The 12 inch wheel eliminated tire bulge . I would say a 10 inch wheel with 6.5 BS and using a 12.5 tire would fit a dart. The dog leg at the front of the wheel well gets close but you can move the spring hanger hole back for that. Or relocate/drill the hole in the perch. Redrill an extra hole in the perch before welding them on 3/4 forward.

Also do not go by the location for your original front hanger mounts. Most all are welded in 3/8 forward on the passenger side. This is noticeable by comparing them to the hole in front of them in the frame. X the new sprong location off of the front frame gauge holes

67dartchassis-jpg.jpg

Would a 28x12.5x15 fit in the wheel well with a 3 inch spring relocation kit installed? Thanks (factory A body rear end)
Are you talking slicks or ET/street-quick time pro's?
Slicks are rated by tread width, et streets are rated by section width, so a 12.5 slick is a bunch wider than a 12.5 et street.

We measured the Dana for Krusty for the wheels and tires. My 10.5 [not W] M/T slicks, on ten inch rims... leave about an inch to both sides of the minitubs. Springs are relocated into frame-rails.

i have wheel vintiques#54 magnum road wheels 15x10 with 5 inch backspacing, and Mickey Thompson 28x12.5x15 S/R street tires for it. 12.5 section width

IF that backspace is right, the 12.5 section should fit, with an A-body 8 3/4. With a b-body 8 3/4, you would probably need more backspace.
I have some centerlines that were factory made for stock width rears, with a spring relocation. 10.5 wide, with 7.25 b.s.

no ,its not mini-tubbed
If that's the case, the maximum tire size will be limited by the stock wheel tub. In a Dart, a 275/60/15 is about the maximum size you can go in a stock wheel tub unless the *** end of the car is sky high. Moving the spring 1/2" inboard would give you the same amount of space as moving them in the whole 3 inches if the car still has the stock wheel tubs.

If I fabricate wheel tubs to run flush with the outer edge of the frame rail, will the stock rear seat still fit the car?

If the spring is out of the way, you have about 12" of wheelhouse available without a minitub.

-
Back