Rear Window Gasket for 66 Valiant

-

ovyvaliant

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you know where i can find the gasket for my valiant. its going into for body and paint.
thank you all in advance.

I don't think anyone makes a repro part so you need to find a nice used one.

Steele rubber makes one for a 64, not sure if it's the same.

try classic industeries out of cal. i know they list a front windsheild seal and lock strip for my 65 valiant 2dr

There is no interchange on this gasket. It is '66 Valiant only (not any year Dart, not any other year Valiant). TTBOMK nobody makes a repro; you will likely have to make your own with appropriately-contoured material from the likes of Restoration Specialties. Check with Gary Goers before you give up.

i havent taken it off but i heard that it will tear apart when they take it off for paint and body work.

i havent taken it off but i heard that it will tear apart when they take it off for paint and body work.
If it's still uncracked and reasonably pliable, It should come out undamaged with any degree of care taken. If it's a crispy critter, you're looking at getting another.

I believe I have at least one extra used one if yours does not come off in one piece, or is too dry and brittle to use. Just message if you need a backup!! Geof

yep, these guys are right on the money. 66 is a one year only deal.
I found out when I had to find a replacement glass for mine.

I believe I have at least one extra used one if yours does not come off in one piece, or is too dry and brittle to use. Just message if you need a backup!! Geof
I know it's been five years. But do you still have one of these?

-
Back