Not open for further replies.

ef8340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=55516

for sale due too Obama

1970 dodge dart swinger 340 it has a 0.40 89 360 roller motor 904 trans 8 3/4 rear end with 3:23 gears car is very solid two rust holes and that's it the interior is mostly redone new carpet (needs cleaning) new seat covers ( legendary ) with extra front seat cover new headliner installed along with new front windshield. has brand new go-wing from year one ( not the cheap one either ) has brand new engine/lights wiring harness aswell 90% of the chrome trim is there along with other misc. parts the car has been rebodied original body was to far gone to save the fender tag has some really cool options factory 2 tone, ledger green tail stripe, go-wing, hood performance treatment with scoops car will be sold with a bill of sale as the state of Georgia doesn't require titles for cars after a certain age car and all the dodge stuff I have for it 6000.00 firm im located in Nicholson Georgia
thanks
Terry

By re-body you mean the car wears the VIN and fender tag for the 340 car that was scrapped or still has its original VIN and fender tag attached?

Terry,
If you mean rebodied as in VIN and fender tag changed to a donor car body numbers will not match the VIN. Assuming you have paperwork for the VIN and fender tag etc. Do you have paper on the other car as well? Was either of these cars titled in your name. Thanks.
Chas.

Wish you were closer to me. Rebodied is better than the rust buckets we are dealing with in the Northeast. Plus Maine is a non title state so that dont mean much here.

yes I owned both cars I still have the fender tag to the body the 340 car is liscened and insured in my name

nice car wish you where closer to as swinger340 stated rebodied is better than a rust bucket good luck with the sale

Just to be clear, the BODY you are selling, does it have the VIN from the rusty 340 car? or is it still wearing the ORIGINAL to the BODY VIN number? trying to make sure I understand correctly

Some states the cops would take that car and crush it. At least your honest and admit its rebodied. Down the road someone may try to pass it off for something it is not.

when I changed everything. I took everything I could possibly salvage from the original 340 car the dash frame was swapped out as a entire unit the rad support numbers are covered by the antifreeze coolant sticker the other numbers would be under the rear package tray and under the car on frame rail the only way it would be frowned on is someone trying to sell it otherwise. I've seen many of 'cudas done this way and even help rebodie a superbird from a superbee. I under stand that the car is not numbers matching but by the time I replaced all of the original metal that was gone on the car. wouldn't it be the same? the original rad support top half was gone do to someone prior to me removing the motor the frame rails were gone due to it being up to its doors in clay only numbers that were savable were dash and fender tag all of the 340 stuff was put on this body the body was a /6 car which was completely rust free besides the 2 spots mentioned I hope this clears any ?'s you might have

that is illegal here. ANY dash VIN swapping is called fraud in my state. that's how stolen cars are titled. not saying it is , just sayin'

I would consider it to be a 340 car clone using a /6 body. In my opinion, the car should have kept the 6-cylinder VIN tag. The 340 car basically just donated a bunch of parts... it was a parts car.

GLWS.

I would consider it to be a 340 car clone using a /6 body. In my opinion, the car should have kept the 6-cylinder VIN tag. The 340 car basically just donated a bunch of parts... it was a parts car.

GLWS.
I agree, I was hoping you were gonna say you left the 6 cyl numbers on the car... If I were you, I would deleate this add, because what you have posted that you have done, is a federal offense, as in a felony... I understand why you did it, but if it ever got checked down the road......like if it was in a bad accident where someone died....it would come back on you, and nobody wants that.

I am just glad you are honest. Numbers matching stuff seems a little silly to me (coming from a guy that has a black plate formula S :)) I only want that VIN to look legit so the jackasses at the car show don't look at my car and shake their head in disapproval. How stupid is that. I must admit there is some pride I have that my car is legit but I wouldn't hesitate in buying yours as long as you were honest of its origin, I continued this honesty and there was some kind of documentation that this activity had taken place for all the purists in the case of a future sale. Kind of like a salvage title.

a 1970 Dart swinger 340 has NO numbers on the radiator support as it was built in Canada. He had to take the metal dash to use the rallye dash which was registered to him. He did not disturb the original VIN plate - car still has original rivets. If he took the back half of a non-340 car and pieced it in it would be the same as what he has. The slant 6 vin would be on the trunk rail. He is honest and says he had documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back