Rebuilding fender indicators - gotta cut new wires?

-

jcmeyer5

Token Ford Guy
Reaction score
I got a rebuild kit from a Canadian company. It seems to be great quality. Everything was included except the underside brackets which I sourced elsewhere. I went to put the new power wire into the housing only to find... it won’t go in. Both ends are too big for the slot on the bottom. I am guessing this means I need to cut it and install and then solder back? Anyone confirm this?

Fender indicator for what car? What year? Marker light? Fender top?

I got a rebuild kit from a Canadian company. It seems to be great quality. Everything was included except the underside brackets which I sourced elsewhere. I went to put the new power wire into the housing only to find... it won’t go in. Both ends are too big for the slot on the bottom. I am guessing this means I need to cut it and install and then solder back? Anyone confirm this?
Being Canadian it is metric. Unless it came from Quebec, then it is French.

Like the turn indicator on the top of the fendors?

Like these?

004B3085-6128-49EF-A82C-8153F2F66CFB.png

Sorry. I assume people can see the images in my head. :)

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmpar.com%2Fmmparimages%2Fcd0%2Fimages%2Fmvc-106s.jpg

Either end will not fit through the slot in the body of the housing... which I cannot find a good picture for. I did read where one supplier provides the bullet connector and shrink wrap separate so you can install the wire. I am guessing that is the answer. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing a magic solution.

Those look to be correct for the turn signal indicator. How about a photo of the light housings to see what the problem is. Those should just thread into the bulb holder.

Yup. The bulbs go into the indicators "like a .22 shell" Then the wire fitting simply screws onto the bottom. If they won't fit, one of 'em is made wrong.

-
Back