Rebuilding my 700hp 408

-
Hey if you wanted to go a little slower I woulda traded you my 410 for your 408 lol

So here they are fresh from Indy. They look different from before with the CNC lines and not the grind marks.

Attachments

• DSC00266.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,082
  • DSC00267.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,080
  • DSC00269.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,066
  • DSC00270.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,059
Copper coat the Cometic. Final compression 12.55 to 1.

Attachments

• DSC00272.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,036
Driving down to Crower to get new pushrods.

Attachments

• DSC00274.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,024
  • DSC00275.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,022
Be careful.... A stock block will not handle more than 600HP, it is the limit and will blow apart to smithereens........ especially with a Stroker!

LOL...... to the maxxxx~ haaaaaa

Be careful.... A stock block will not handle more than 600HP, it is the limit and will blow apart to smithereens........ especially with a Stroker!

LOL...... to the maxxxx~ haaaaaa

I have had this set up for over 10 years and shift it at 7,500 go through the lights at 7,700. Thanks for the heads up but been ok for this long, and yes an R3 is in the works. But that will not happen for five or so years. Its hard to spend an extra 3000 when this works.

I have had this set up for over 10 years and shift it at 7,500 go through the lights at 7,700. Thanks for the heads up but been ok for this long, and yes an R3 is in the works. But that will not happen for five or so years. Its hard to spend an extra 3000 when this works.

Now that is what I am talking about Revving a stroker to the faking moon!! HAAAA

It was a joke.......... I started a thread about this very subject a long time ago.

For your reading enjoyment..........

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=165579

CAn you elaborate on those main caps? 4 bolts?

So was any of the original hand blend visible after the CNC? What are the heads supposed to flow?

Good running little SB!

You pressure test those heads after the CNC job? Indy's 245 CNC program on the -1's is known for leaking

These are flat tops with a zero deck height. Heads were at 58cc but now unsure I will cc them when it goes back together. Total compression before was 12.78 to 1. But I am going with a slightly thicker head gasket to bring this down to 12.4ish level. I will know a lot more of this tomorrow. Cam is a custom solid roller cam from Crower. Crower makes power. Intake @ 0.050" is 270 degrees with the new 1.6 ratio 0.700" and Exhaust @ 0.050" is 278 degrees with the new ratio 0.702". Lobe separation is 106 and installed 2 degrees of advance.

Big fan of Crower. Work for a Crower dealer.

CAn you elaborate on those main caps? 4 bolts?

So was any of the original hand blend visible after the CNC? What are the heads supposed to flow?

Good running little SB!

No problem, The main caps are Milodon four caps. They were pretty easy to put in. I did all the install back in 2004 besides doing the align hone a local shop did that. The biggest thing that on one seamed to say anything about was the stud on cap number five under the oil pump. This was a major task. When I first started putting this thing together the instructions right from ARP said "Most will not be able to use this stud under the pump so use a stock bolt instead." So I chucked that thing up in my mill and took off about .250". Then called ARP and had them make a stud that fit it was still slightly to tall so I had to wet sand it "NO HEAT" to get it to size.
The CNC took every bit of visible hand work done. As far as flow numbers the Indy website say 330cfm at .700 lift. When I got my heads back the gave me a flow sheet saying that at .700" lift they flowed 346cfm. I always check everyone's work and took them to my buddy's shop and had them flowed, every port was checked for the uniformity. All of them were within 1% of each other and the lowest 358cfm and the highest 361cfm. Not bad for just chucking in a machine, pushing a button and letting it go. But here is the funny thing we found. at a lift of 0.715" the flow number started to go the other direction or get less. not until 0.792" did it pick back up again. Crazy. I have a total lift now right around 0.700 or so lift so I should be fine.

You pressure test those heads after the CNC job? Indy's 245 CNC program on the -1's is known for leaking

Yes I have heard so when I talked to the guy at Indy about that he guaranteed me that they would not. I NEVER trust anyone so I have done a pressure test on them and all is well. I also told him that if they did leak I would drive there and throw them threw his fucken window. I am sure they checked before they left the shop.

Yes I have heard so when I talked to the guy at Indy about that he guaranteed me that they would not. I NEVER trust anyone so I have done a pressure test on them and all is well. I also told him that if they did leak I would drive there and throw them threw his fucken window. I am sure they checked before they left the shop.

Lol... I hear you on not trusting anyone! On an engine like this you need to be that way. 1 Fck up from anyone and it could cost the whole engine. Can't wait to see the end results!

Nice, good to hear! Oh, I like the way you think by the way! lol

I have a pretty stoutly built 408 and have 500 hp. What did to do that pushed yours as high as 700? When I refresh mine I want to boost it up as much as I can.

I have a pretty stoutly built 408 and have 500 hp. What did to do that pushed yours as high as 700? When I refresh mine I want to boost it up as much as I can.

It is all in the Heads Compression & that Big Solid Roller!

Mine probably makes a little over 500 but my heads only flow about 268 CFM, I got a half way good size Solid Roller 9:1 Compression. Pump Gas with a 200 Equalizer Hit of NOS! Lol

-
Back