Received a very nice thank you from Edelbrock today.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
As most of you guys know by now I had an issue with a customers brand new Victor340 intake over the past winter. The holes were off by .115 so I called Edelbrock and talked to a nice young lady (Mopar owner) about the problem. She gave me her contact info and I sent her lots of pictures of the issue. She passed everything over to the tech department and stayed in contact. Member. @-Boosted- and I talked several times and he got in contact with someone on the manufacture-ring and tech side and rushed things along. Edelbrock found an issue and reprogrammed their machines to add an axis point so they could more accurately locate the mounting holes. In a matter of a few months they addressed this issue and are delivering a great product again. Years ago I would have “maybe” called once to scream and holler to get it off my chest. I’ve learned that doesn’t work. Today I received a free Victor340 intake that member @-Boosted- suggested I should get. I was pleased with them fixing the issue and the nice thank you email I received but this is icing on the cake. Thanks Bill and Edelbrock and the intake looks great.

5E3D8806-D28E-4FE0-BBEA-D42CADECC250.jpeg

67390A61-672C-4F68-8F63-446B24F3CEEE.jpeg

5550D6DD-87D4-4E63-9D47-337398436547.jpeg

B071E8EC-6541-42DD-BD12-FB08889812A8.jpeg

EB5C2884-3C2D-49E5-90E5-28AB702DE9B8.jpeg

4DAE498B-6068-4C8B-B25D-F13696714AA0.jpeg

My pleasure John, you’re the one that put in the work. All I did was make a few phone calls to my contacts who spoke to the person in charge to make this happen. Thanks to you, the intake I got is perfect as well.

Bill

Heck, I was hopin maybe Christi and Cammie sent you some boob pics or somethin. lol

John, I forgot to tell you we are also getting some 85th anniversary swag in a few weeks too! :thumbsup:

Cheese n rice now you went and got me all excited.

Easy there old timer…too much excitement may not be a good thing at our age.

The best news I think is they listened and fixed it. It’s cool they are sending you some stuff but the fact that they actually checked and verified that they had an issue is a big deal.

Most times these companies (especially the bigger ones) think everyone is a moron and just blow you off.

I got a pretty rough intake from Indy probably in 2006. It was horrible. So I called the dude (I forget his name) that owned Indy and asked him about the finish machine work on it. He told me I was a F’ing idiot, his manifolds didn’t need any work and if I had the common sense God gave a carrot I’d find another line of work.

I can’t post here what I told that idiot but it wasn’t nice.

Imagine how it went when I spent a whole DAY unscrewing the rocker alignment and getting it all set up and the next day rolling the engine over on the stand it broke a brand new rocker!!

That argument should have been recorded. He dog cussed me, I dog cussed him, his mother and his wife and hung up on me. He called me back just to hang up on me.

Classic asshole.

Easy there old timer…too much excitement may not be a good thing at our age.

The best news I think is they listened and fixed it. It’s cool they are sending you some stuff but the fact that they actually checked and verified that they had an issue is a big deal.

Most times these companies (especially the bigger ones) think everyone is a moron and just blow you off.

I got a pretty rough intake from Indy probably in 2006. It was horrible. So I called the dude (I forget his name) that owned Indy and asked him about the finish machine work on it. He told me I was a F’ing idiot, his manifolds didn’t need any work and if I had the common sense God gave a carrot I’d find another line of work.

I can’t post here what I told that idiot but it wasn’t nice.

Imagine how it went when I spent a whole DAY unscrewing the rocker alignment and getting it all set up and the next day rolling the engine over on the stand it broke a brand new rocker!!

That argument should have been recorded. He dog cussed me, I dog cussed him, his mother and his wife and hung up on me. He called me back just to hang up on me.

Classic asshole.

Sounds like Russ. Lol.
Yes Edelbrock handled it quickly and efficiently. Early on they even notified me and told me what needed addressing and how they were going about it. All around great service.

Sounds like Russ. Lol.
Yes Edelbrock handled it quickly and efficiently. Early on they even notified me and told me what needed addressing and how they were going about it. All around great service.

LOL…yeah, Russ. I can never think of his name.

I did a full port job on his 400-1 heads and that intake (and loss my arse…no way could I charge the customer for unscrewing that intake) and then we took pictures of how well it turned out and posted them to the web page. And then I sent the link to Russ to let him see it LOL.

He never replied to my email but I’m sure he looked at it. IIRC it made 740ish on a 3rd party dyno in the ABQ and ran very well at Vegas.

Nice work John. If more people took that attitude towards getting problems addressed, it would benefit all of us.

I am glad you got that worked out, OA let’s see if you can get them to open that manifold up so it will flow better that a a performer RPM..

Nice work John. If more people took that attitude towards getting problems addressed, it would benefit all of us.

These were just to good of an intake to see the quality go away. I wish Milidon would step up but the free one they sent me a year later was unusable. I can cut it out and fix it like the one before it but it was such a nice pan before. I can only hope the one they sent me was old stock but at this point I’m done with Milidon.

Last edited:
I am glad you got that worked out, OA let’s see if you can get them to open that manifold up so it will flow better that a a performer RPM..

It’s a product that they offer for 318, 340, and 360 sized engines so it’s sized accordingly that smart business in my eyes.

Its stuff like this that keeps me positive, the world is a better place now guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As most of you guys know by now I had an issue with a customers brand new Victor340 intake over the past winter. The holes were off by .115 so I called Edelbrock and talked to a nice young lady (Mopar owner) about the problem. She gave me her contact info and I sent her lots of pictures of the issue. She passed everything over to the tech department and stayed in contact. Member. @-Boosted- and I talked several times and he got in contact with someone on the manufacture-ring and tech side and rushed things along. Edelbrock found an issue and reprogrammed their machines to add an axis point so they could more accurately locate the mounting holes. In a matter of a few months they addressed this issue and are delivering a great product again. Years ago I would have “maybe” called once to scream and holler to get it off my chest. I’ve learned that doesn’t work. Today I received a free Victor340 intake that member @-Boosted- suggested I should get. I was pleased with them fixing the issue and the nice thank you email I received but this is icing on the cake. Thanks Bill and Edelbrock and the intake looks great.

View attachment 1716102545

View attachment 1716102546

View attachment 1716102547

View attachment 1716102548

View attachment 1716102549

View attachment 1716102550

This could not have happened to a better Guy, Good for you John you earned it ! OH, and Boosted !

That's great news and customer service. My question is, what about the over ten available at Summit Racing right now? Are those going out to customers as is? Is Edelbrock recalling those? I doubt it.

That's great news and customer service. My question is, what about the over ten available at Summit Racing right now? Are those going out to customers as is? Is Edelbrock recalling those? I doubt it.
No need to recall them since they are from the new batch which started shipping over a month ago. Summit was out of stock until then.

I had a similar issue a few years back with a set of Eddie smb heads. Called the high up the ladder Tech guy and when it was all said and done, I shipped my heads back to Edelbrock and a new set of heads were shipped to me free of charge. I too over the years have learned that screaming and yelling will get you nowhere and leave you where you started from. Like my mom said growing up,....."patience my son, patience". Kudos to Edelbrock for taking care of you....and me too!

-
Back