Recommend a company for new convertible boot?

-

gtxdude

Reaction score
Need to purchase a new convertible boot for my 65 Dart. Old one has been slowly tearing the last few years, time to replace it. I've looked at a handful of spots on line that sell them and wondering if anyone can recommend one of the companies? Thanks

Seeing your location you might consider finding a good local auto interior shop and have them make you a boot. Just a thought.

Seeing your location you might consider finding a good local auto interior shop and have them make you a boot. Just a thought.
Talked to a local shop, said it would be cheaper to buy from company then for them to make one.

Check with Legendary Interiors, I think they have them.
From what I remember you, or someone else has to locate and install the snaps.

Check with Legendary Interiors, I think they have them.
From what I remember you, or someone else has to locate and install the snaps.

Yes, when I bought mine from legendary, I had to install all the snaps but the very center one, which they do to locate the boot for you!! They do send all the snaps, and the little die set to mushroom the snap stem! It was a pretty easy deal, but I did do it in the summer, and laid the boot out in indirect sunlight for awhile to soften it up to allow it to stretch easier!

Cosgig, what is your opinion of the quality?
My 64 is a barn find original with a 1964 date and suppler stamp underneath. Its acceptable considering its age but the forward-most snap on the drivers side was pulled through before I got it. It really doesn't bother me because of what the car is but if I ever restore the car I'd most likely replace it.

Yes, when I bought mine from legendary, I had to install all the snaps but the very center one, which they do to locate the boot for you!! They do send all the snaps, and the little die set to mushroom the snap stem! It was a pretty easy deal, but I did do it in the summer, and laid the boot out in indirect sunlight for awhile to soften it up to allow it to stretch easier!

ditto for my 68 barracuda

Cosgig, what is your opinion of the quality?
My 64 is a barn find original with a 1964 date and suppler stamp underneath. Its acceptable considering its age but the forward-most snap on the drivers side was pulled through before I got it. It really doesn't bother me because of what the car is but if I ever restore the car I'd most likely replace it.

I would say the quality is top notch!! It's been at least 7-8 years and it still looks like new! The only thing I would add would be a small pad where the latches are!! The way they fold into the top when it's down leaves the small hook facing up, which makes a small bump in the boot there! I'd like to see a small bit of padding in that spot that cushions the hook from the boot material!

I would say the quality is top notch!! It's been at least 7-8 years and it still looks like new! The only thing I would add would be a small pad where the latches are!! The way they fold into the top when it's down leaves the small hook facing up, which makes a small bump in the boot there! I'd like to see a small bit of padding in that spot that cushions the hook from the boot material!

Cosgig you made me go out and look at my top...haha. My 67 Barracuda must sit a little lower in the well didn't see any marks.
ZMan

Got my boot from Year One and it had the pad to protect from the hook. It was for a 69 Dart so I don't know about your car. I've also heard Year One is an outlet for Legendary so you may want to check both. Verts Rule!!

Also when you go to install snaps if you use a 2x4 under it you might not flatten the snap. I used a metal backing plate to install the snaps and I have the prettiest little flat spots on all but the center snap.

image.jpeg
Ledgendary is where mine came from

-
Back