Recommended engine?

-

Retson

Reaction score
Hey FABO! I decided that my 360LA wasn't worth rebuilding due to several reasons, I find it would be easier and cheaper on my part to purchase a new crate engine. I've been looking at this Blueprinted 408 Stroker, with 375 HP. It looks like a really good engine, and suggestions?
I have a 727 tranny I will rebuild for this.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mll-bpc4082ct/overview/make/chrysler

mll-bpc4080ct_w.jpg

i would think twice about blueprint engines,not from a bad experience,but from bad reviews.i would have one built.i have a early 360 magnum crate and it is awsome.the prices have really went up since i bought mine in 2000.i think his name is mike from imm engines is suppossed to be really good

Call Mike at MRL. He's a vendor that supports this site and builds good engines. He has an ad in the banner on the right ------>>>>

Leave that thing alone!
Call MRL or contact OU812. Both of these fellas are good fellas.

Well I have a budget of 4000, so I don't think custom made is the way to go, unless otherwise

Where are you located and what are the reasons your existing 360 in not worth rebuilding?

Where are you located and what are the reasons your existing 360 in not worth rebuilding?

Lompoc, California.
The last owner never changed the oil and fried the pistons, I don't know if there's anything else wrong with it.

Tear it down completely first then make a decision. If its just a simple bore, pistons, and rings it doesn't cost that much.

What year is the 360 block? is it a roller block? if so, rebuild that sucker!!!

Ou812 is closer to you. 4k if block is good can get you started. And then upgrade from there. AKA intake, carb etc

I really know nothing about this 360. I'm just weighting things out, I might just keep this for a later project in mind and buy a crate.

I really know nothing about this 360. I'm just weighting things out, I might just keep this for a later project in mind and buy a crate.

If you unbolt the intake manifold you can very quickly tell if its a roller block or not. If you're not sure just take a picture of the lifter valley and post it up.

If you unbolt the intake manifold you can very quickly tell if its a roller block or not. If you're not sure just take a picture of the lifter valley and post it up.

It's a Hydraulic Roller.

Check out all the things it doesn't come with:

BluePrint Engines Chrysler 408 Stroker 375HP Value Power Base Crate Engines BPC4082CT

BluePrint Engines BPC4082CT - BluePrint Engines Chrysler 408 Stroker 375HP Value Power Base Crate Engines
Image is a representation of this item.
Actual item may vary.

In progress Get Totally Free Shipping with Your Order!

$3,595.00
+Compare
Free Shipping Over $99
Low Price Guarantee
Tech Advice
Easy Returns

Summit Racing
Be the first to Review this product

Engine Assembly, Long Block, Base, Magnum Iron Heads, Oil Pan, Mopar, Small Block LA, Each

Estimated Ship Date: Tomorrow
Would you rather pick it up? Select Location

Check Application

Order this item and get free delivery and handling on your entire order! Truck freight fees also waived on this item. Valid on orders shipped in the contiguous United States.

View Similar Products

See parts for BluePrint Engines
BluePrint Engines Chrysler 408 Stroker 375HP Value Power Base Crate Engines

Part Type:

Crate Engines

Application:

Find out if this fits your application

Brand:
BluePrint Engines

Manufacturer's Part Number:
BPC4082CT

Part Type:
Crate Engines

Product Line:
BluePrint Engines Chrysler 408 Stroker 375HP Value Power Base Crate Engines

Summit Racing Part Number:
MLL-BPC4082CT

Engine Assembly Style:
Long block

Crate Engine Cylinder Head Material:
Cast iron

Assembled:
Yes

Engine Balance:
External

Intake Manifold Included:
No

Cylinder Heads Included:
Yes

Carburetor Included:
No

Throttle Body Included:
No

Distributor Included:
No

Oil Pan Included:
Yes

Valve Covers Included:
Yes

Timing Cover Included:
Yes

Water Pump Included:
No

Harmonic Balancer Included:
No

Flexplate Included:
No

Flywheel Included:
No

Air Cleaner Included:
No

Spark Plugs Included:
No

Spark Plug Wires Included:
No

Computer Included:
No

Wiring Harness Included:
No

Rear Main Seal Style:
2-piece

Quantity:
Sold individually.

Notes:
Magnum heads.

In-Store Pickup:
Choose In-store pick-up (OH, GA, NV) on our web site.

Calculator
CFM Calculator

Budget minded hotrodders rejoice! These BluePrint Engines Chrysler 408 Stroker 375HP Value Power base crate engines are for you. BluePrint developed these engines for those wanting reliable stroker power without breaking the bank. Each mill is hand assembled and balanced to ensure it will run smooth and strong, just what you need in your muscle car.

These BluePrint Engines Chrysler 408 Stroker 375HP Value Power base crate engines include:

* Handpicked, seasoned and machined blocks
* Performance Magnum cast iron cylinder heads
* Cast iron crankshaft and heavy beam connecting rods
* Hypereutectic pistons
* Hydraulic flat tappet camshaft
* Valve covers
* Timing cover and timing set
* Oil pan, pump and pickup tube

Warranty

Some parts are not legal for sale or use in California on any pollution-controlled motor vehicles

Click here for more information about Summit Racing SUM-G100SFI - Summit Racing Street & Strip® SFI-Approved Flexplates

Summit Racing SUM-G100SFI - Summit Racing Street & Strip® SFI-Approved Flexplates

Flexplate, 168-Tooth, Internal Engine Balance, 2-Piece Rear Main Seal, SFI 29.1, Chevy, V8, Each

$52.97
Click here for more Detail about Summit Racing SUM-G100SFI - Summit Racing Street & Strip® SFI-Approved Flexplates

Click here for more information about Holley 0-3310S - Holley 4160 Adjustable Float Carburetors

Holley 0-3310S - Holley 4160 Adjustable Float Carburetors

Carburetor, Model 4160, 750 cfm, Square Bore, Manual Choke, 4-Barrel, Vacuum, Dual Inlet, Silver, Each

$323.95
Click here for more Detail about Holley 0-3310S - Holley 4160 Adjustable Float Carburetors

All Suggested Parts Carburetors
Flexplates
Spark Plugs
+ SEE ALL SUGGESTED PARTS

Id replace pistons, rings, bearings, oil pump, and have that cam reground. Of ALL the 360 blocks to own/use, the LA 360 roller block you have is the one to use. You can get some power outta that motor and spend less than 4k doing it.

Check out Bremers Auto Parts ,in Lompoc. Heard nothing but good ,about them. If not them, Hap's machine shop in Paso Robles,will treat you right. I suggest a mild built 360,with a 4k budget. Remember the suspension and brakes, make it safe and consistent. Any news, on the drag strip?

I wanna do something bigger than a 360.

Why? Especially if you are on a budget.

Regrind the stock cam, do some bowl porting and valve guide retainer clearance, good valve job, intake, carb, headers, dist and you'll make a bunch more than 375 hp that stroker is advertised to make.

Remember this saying: The cheap comes out expensive!

-
Back