recommended fuel line diameter?????

-

durdybert68

Assfault Junkie
Reaction score
hey guys I'm running a 318 block with 360 J heads and the motor has been worked out to a 340ci. Im running a Holly Street HP 750dp. Im am using an oem style mechanical pump. Any ideas on the ideal size fuel line for this setup? I think the sending unit I put in has a 5/16 line on it but if that wont do the trick I have no problems with pulling it and getting a different one.

thanks guys I appreciate the feedback. thanks Joe dart. it is a pretty radical motor. its also got a mild cam in it and a edelbrock performer intake. it revs real quick and has plenty of scoot.

Yup, like they said, you're fine. Mild 318, mechanical pump...no need to waste time and money upgrading at this point in time.

You would be surprised what 5/16th will feed. When both front tires start coming off the ground, it it probably time to start thinking about an upgrade.

Are you replacing the line?. If so, I'd upgrade to a 3/8 line, why spend money twice.

Just asking if the 5/16 line is ok to run, sure it is.

yeah im wanting to run some new soft line all the way up, now that im replacing the tank and sending unit, it just seems like the obvious thing to do.

yeah im wanting to run some new soft line all the way up, now that im replacing the tank and sending unit, it just seems like the obvious thing to do.

You didn't say that in your OP. Like CB said upgrade to 3/8 if you are replacing everything now.

haha well i just ordered all 5/16 line and and inline filter from summit like an hour ago. So I guess thats what its gonna be. The sending unit I dropped in the new tank is a 5/16 anyways so rather than send all of that stuff back. I will just go with it for now. Thanks for all the input fellas

sweet thanks for all the feedback guys. im new to this site and im liking it already.

Most of the time fuel problems are the result of getting it OUT of the tank.

Yea I am running a 5/16" braided line in my 340 Duster with an electric fuel pump and a fuel psi regulator and I have no problems. I should mention that I am running a .030 over with mopar 509 purple cam, 3500 stall and much more so you will be fine with 5/16"

-
Back