Red and Black, 2 prong connector for Radio?

-

unclepunchy

Reaction score
Hi folks,

73 Duster, 340.

Is this for the stock radio or something else? I checked the wiring diagrams but couldn’t find anything in this area with red and black wires? It’s hanging down under the ashtray. Someone took the radio out of the car before I got it.

867B9505-CE1C-4E98-8B21-82BBAD9FB7AA.jpeg

Hi folks,

73 Duster, 340.

Is this for the stock radio or something else? I checked the wiring diagrams but couldn’t find anything in this area with red and black wires? It’s hanging down under the ashtray. Someone took the radio out of the car before I got it.

View attachment 1716082647
looks like the connector that plugs into the flasher(i think) which is attached to the side of the ashtray receiver

Flasher, I did not look it up, whether it's hazard or turn, but one or the other.

Radio is more T shaped, Red and orange

You find orange on whatever lamps are lamp dimmer controlled by the light switch knob "twist"

In the context of these cars, yes. There are many types of flashers, both 2 and 3 prong especially nowadays. My Dodges uses an irritating complicated solid state relay device that is supposed to warn you by rapidly flashing if a lamp blows. Of course this complicates guys who want LED bulbs

Hazards flash 4 lights at the same time.

Turn signal only 1/2 at the same time.

The part number for the flasher is different than for the turn signal.

The flash speed will change based on the number of bulbs. So to get the flasher unit to flash about the same speed as the blinkers it takes a different unit.

But in a nutshell you can temporarily use one in place of the other for testing.

Screenshot_20230426-210734.png

Flasher unit to left of steering column
Screenshot_20230426-213250.png

Flasher
Screenshot_20230426-223313.png

Turn signal
Screenshot_20230426-205257.png

Last edited:
I think that the square one may be a time delay piece rather than a flasher - attached to column it would turn off the key switch light

Black and red wire, L shaped connector is the turn signal connector.

Red and 2 pink, L shaped connector is the Hazzard light.

-
Back