Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
Well I fi silly pulled the trigger on the fuel pu.o today. I went with the Aeromtive 7 GPM brushless pump. Should have it by next weekend when the 408 ships out(hopefully).

Also decided to practice my hydrodip skills since it's been a while and it came out great.

Screenshot_20220331-141152_Gallery.jpg

20220331_194523.jpg

That pump is awesome. What controller are you going to run?

That pump is awesome. What controller are you going to run?
Pump controller? It'll be regulated through the aeromotive regulator and controlled primarily through the holley term x max.

Also found out that after only months here in state and only 8 months racung at the track I've made the small and big tire calendar.

Also got my beadlock rings from rc components. It's their new heathen release. Worked out perfectly after they gouged uo the original ones and then paid me for them.

20220401_172443.jpg

20220401_172501.jpg

View attachment 1715899805

Screenshot_20220401-231325_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20220401-173607_Messenger.jpg

20220401_212126.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I didn’t realize that the pump came with its own integral controller. It’s even nicer than I thought.

the red 'dipped valve covers look much more in keeping than the blue :thumbsup:
I'm still debating the final because once the CT went on it got alot darker. Mich darker than the car itself. I also found this that I'd also like to put on there. So the jury is still out.

Screenshot_20220401-071002_Chrome.jpg

Today was a good day for sure. The hydrodip came in, probably going to need some more for the compressor covers on the turbos as well.

My new 7gpm fuel pump came in and I got the pre filter swapped put from when I ran c16. It actually wasn't bad at all. Got the pump and filterou Ted back u Der the car and now realize I need 2 differently angled hose ends going into and out of the new fuel pump thanks to its much larger size.

20220404_124238.jpg

20220404_133428.jpg

20220404_145723.jpg

20220404_173846.jpg

Decided to go ahead and added the ict billet valve cover hardware too.

20220404_191328.jpg

20220404_191536.jpg

Last edited:
Today was a good day for sure. The hydrodip came in, probably going to need some more for the compressor covers on the turbos as well.

My new 7gpm fuel pump came in and I got the pre filter swapped put from when I ran c16. It actually wasn't bad at all. Got the pump and filterou Ted back u Der the car and now realize I need 2 differently angled hose ends going into and out of the new fuel pump thanks to its much larger size.

View attachment 1715901526

View attachment 1715901527

View attachment 1715901528

View attachment 1715901529

View attachment 1715901584

View attachment 1715901585
Pardon my ignorance of the subject but how does that hydrodipping work? I love the treatment on your valve covers!

the valve covers look great! :thumbsup:

Pardon my ignorance of the subject but how does that hydrodipping work? I love the treatment on your valve covers!
Spray your desired base coat. Cut the film of your choice to the appropriate size of the item being dipped(a little larger than the item to make sure you account for curves etc.), tape around the edges of the film to help it float. Lay it in a tub or tote like I used with 85-90 degree water, let the film hydrate for about 30-60 seconds and then dip the object in slow and smooth at about a 30-45 degree angle. Then rinse with water. Here is a video to give you a visual aid.

Those valve covers are super badass. Whose engine did you go with?

Well I aren't about 6 hours out there today/tonight and got all the lights and signals and everything wires up and run into the interior. Have to wait on thr 60amp fuel pump relay stuff to come in before I can do that so I'm not gonna mess with the bug power stuff u til that comes in and the steering column and engine get here.

Tomorrow I should be wrapping uo the transbrake, bump box, dash and starting to remount the holley term x max and dome pressure solenoids as well. Have some led license plate lights. Owing in and some new front running light/turn signals setups coming in to. A lot more time spent to keep it street legal.

Wow that's a valve cover I like it!

Been knocking out what I can while waiting on the motor and the steering column. Apparently thr had to remake the tube for the column and said it should hopefully ship out this coming Tuesday.

I finished making the I let from the velocity stacks yesterday. Had to trim a small bit on passenger side and it was all very time consuming with measuring 3 times cutting on e and then repeated as necessary so I didn't take out too much and then cutting and trimming the I take pipe for each j let along with the couplers. But it fits like a glove now.

I also got some smaller motorcycle running lights to mount up front seeing as I've removed the stock front ones and would like to keep it street legal still.

Also removed the turbos from their mounts so I could hydrodip the compressor covers as well as cerakote the exhaust parts and to polish the stainless for the cold side.

20220409_212443.jpg

On the wrap how does that work with the heat? Curious as I see an Army theme for covers incoming digging the idea!

On the wrap how does that work with the heat? Curious as I see an Army theme for covers incoming digging the idea!
I ran the other set for over a year and a half without issues. Its just paper/film ink that gets applied to the valvecovers.

Well now things have changed up a bit. The local racing I do has adopted x275 rules for their races and the stree csr super nationals also follows the same rules set. So ill be selling the 6973s and picking up the class maximum of 72mm turbos to make sure I have the most power available at the 3350lb minimum weight. This time I'll be going with Borg Warner S372s hopefully ordering in the next few days as I already have a buyer for the 6973s. I went with the S372's because they get me to the max and amhave the same physical imprint my current setuo does. Same t4 and discharge and everything so I don't have to swap anything else over to make them work.

408 ships out Thursday and flaming river finally let me know today the steering column is being shipped out in the morning.

Well i dug a little deeper and the 2 classes I run in Vegas don't have any rules on turbo size, and I cleared it with the local guys as well as the Vegas guys. I ordered uo a new pair of the VSR Ball bearing 73G42 turbos today. The added size and ball bearing layout ought to help out quite significantly in the power and spool up. Can't wait to feel that.

Also got the fuel pump wiring and relay finished up today as well.

Screenshot_20220414-113320_Chrome.jpg

Well turbos are otw, motor should be here and on its way in by next weekend and as soon as flaming river gives me a tracking number I'll know where this steering column is. But I'm trying to have everything except those 4 things done by this weekend. I'm optimistic at this point and looking forward to making it to dyno on time on the 10th and debuting the new setup may 20-21st at pacific.

FB_IMG_1650081069816.jpg

-
Back