Redline tires, who makes good ones and is it worth it?

-

hula

Reaction score
I bought some BFG redline radials from coker to put on some steelies on my 72 dart. Took them to discount tire to mount and two of them had a wave laterally or side to side. Date codes were 2017 and one of the guys mentioned they may have been stacked. Anyone have these tires or have problems? I'd like to have redlines, but now I'm wondering about having a third party made tire. If I go blackwall does anyone make a tire with a tread that looks rerto? I really don't want more BFG TAs if I don't have to.

Try DiamondBack Tires.
It's been a known fact for years that Coker tires can have issues, mostly their bias ply tires not being round.

I've had Diamond Back vulcanize a dual white pin-stripe on a set of new tires years ago. Perfectly circular around around the tires and still look good after a good number of years.

Try DiamondBack Tires.
It's been a known fact for years that Coker tires can have issues, mostly their bias ply tires not being round.

I've had Diamond Back vulcanize a dual white pin-stripe on a set of new tires years ago. Perfectly circular around around the tires and still look good after a good number of years.

Just talked to diamond back and he described how they vulcanize the stripe. I'm wondering is it good to apply heat to the sidewall like that. Maybe I'm being too skidish.

Try DiamondBack Tires.

Say what? A family member with a big block '56 Chevy has been battling (what he believes to be) flat-spotting of his Coker-sourced bias ply tires...he has taken every reasonable precaution that I've ever heard of and yet the thing still vibrates.

Can you provide any sources on this? This would be greatly appreciated.

It's all over the forums on which older cars (50s/60s) are the focus.
Try the Forwardlook forum, or the JalopyJournal HAMB, but I'm sure there are many others.

-
Back