Refrurb carbs?

-

BWDart

Reaction score
I see holley and ebrock have refurbs are they worth buyin? Wonder why they were returned.

Last edited:
I see holley and ebrock have refrubs are they worth buyin? Wonder why they were returned.

Hello BWDart.
I have a customer with a mostly stock 340 4 speed duster.
Due to limited funds on his part we installed a re manufactured Edelbrock carburetor back in March of this year and other then changing jets and rods to fine tune it have had no issues.
Down side is that Edelbrock warranties the re manufactured for 1 month compared to 12 for new.
Up side was he saved over a hundred dollars buying it from Edelbrock directly over a new one.
If not for having REMAIN stamped on it I really could not tell the difference between it and new.
I know Summit and Jegs both sell re manufactured with the same terms and conditions but at different prices.
Hope this helps,
Happy Mopar :
Arron.

All returns are usually sold as refurbished...could be a wrong order, a scratch almost anything.

BTW...has anyone ever bought a furbished part? I only see refurbished....

Oh, the English language!

fur·bish
/ˈfərbiSH/
Verb
  1. give a fresh look to (something old or shabby); renovate.
    "the newly furbished church"
    synonyms: supply, furnish, provide, equip, kit out, rig out, fit, appoint
    "the kitchen was furbished with every kind of modern gadget"
re·fur·bish
/rēˈfərbiSH/
Verb
verb: refurbish; 3rd person present: refurbishes; past tense: refurbished; past participle: refurbished; gerund or present participle: refurbishing
  1. renovate and redecorate (something, especially a building).
    "the premises have been completely refurbished in our corporate style"

Kinda reminds me of Gruntled vs Disgruntled. I've never heard someone use Gruntled in a sentence!!

I see holley and ebrock have refurbs are they worth buyin? Wonder why they were returned.
so I can feel it and sometimes it happens, I'm not being rude or mean and this is what happened so I ain't changing anything I write here-yes, Eddy 650 cfm toilet :BangHead: bowl, but we get by waiting for the change over, should of done it all at once I guess............and it's a daily driver....
For me it has been the brand new Eddy OOB :mad: nightmare, Oh, don't get me wrong, it's shiny, has things, like a electric choke that actually works, really, and you'll need it too....blah blah blah...the truth is I used it because I need to now force myself into a fuel injection situation and it was cheapest at the time. You lose fire on a "to sharp" corner, accelerate to fast-and its just like running out of gas except after rolling to a stop, gas also flows from the top of the accelerator pump on the drivers side front. Their worst effort to make me park it, and why? This is where they get sent back with a problem they can't fix in design, and they will "refresh" it and it will be on the shelf ready for the next guy-you? Or some poor unsuspecting guy. They don't want my review thats for sure-and now ya know how they get there, don't thank:poke:me either, and they might refurbish :lol: them to brand new and sell them-really would like to know about that for sure. :rofl:.....the funny part? In the mid 70's I went on a little tour of their faculty, and I was young enough to be super impressed, even told people how nice it was there, and for the most part love their products, but carbs are not one of my favorites, they should of left building them to Weber Carbs, or maybe that was the the problem, Weber..:wtf:..don't they make barbeque grills?
Reference: Reman Thunder Series AVS 650 CFM Carburetor - Electric Choke, Satin Finish

Ya I think I'll rebuild the old 600 holley I've had for about 15 yrs and call it good.

Good call. And I had one I had on 3 different rides, only reason I could is I had bought extra rebuild kits, in case I needed to do it again! Old Dominator series, 1050, 1150, etc cfms.like 4500 or something close to that,
If I hadn't decided to force myself towards fuel injection, and I had the Holley double pumper(older model-can't remember which one but it was 650 cfm)and thought about rebuilding it.
Lot of things are better done by yourself, right the first time, or by some person who is dedicated to hitting that time clock at the end of the day-first and foremost, and there are few exceptions to that rule when it comes to our rides.

-
Back