Reground Cam

-
I can hardly wait to get my engine together and hear my #1280 in action too! We should start a #1280 club. Shipping back to Ohio was $43.29 in November. I could tell Oregon's work was exceptional just by how the cam looked when I saw it for the first time.

It turned out good. I'm glad you're happy with it. The biggest thing I enjoyed was you weren't scared of my converter recommendation. I don't think that car would have been the same with something more mild.

When we do another meet up at Summit I'll drive it so you can take it for a spin!!

When we do another meet up at Summit I'll drive it so you can take it for a spin!!
I'd love to. I'm just thrilled that it turned out good and you like it. Does your wife still enjoy driving it?

Ken at Oregon cams is quoted saying : "Said the big difference (as far as regrinding goes) was not between the 5.2 or 5.9. But, between the Mag truck engines and the car roller cams." The Magnum V8 only came in trucks and vans? No cars. Or does he mean people send him aftermarket retro fit Hyd Roller cams for the LA engines wanting them regound for a Magnum engine?

Ken at Oregon cams is quoted saying : "Said the big difference (as far as regrinding goes) was not between the 5.2 or 5.9. But, between the Mag truck engines and the car roller cams." The Magnum V8 only came in trucks and vans? No cars. Or does he mean people send him aftermarket retro fit Hyd Roller cams for the LA engines wanting them regound for a Magnum engine?

He's probably talking about the cams from the later LA engines, which were roller cams. Cars like the Diplomat, Fifth Avenue, and Plymouth Caravelle.

As a side note, I received cam back yesterday. Let's call it an even 240 for the grind and shipping back to me. Now the fun begins...

Looking forward to hearing how it runs! When do you expect to have it together?

I ordered mine from Ken a few years ago and had to scrap the crank due to damage incurred during our move... About to begin assembly finally. I went with the 2058 grind.

Looking forward to hearing how it runs! When do you expect to have it together?

I ordered mine from Ken a few years ago and had to scrap the crank due to damage incurred during our move... About to begin assembly finally. I went with the 2058 grind.
Not sure when we'll have it done. Been acquiring additional parts. Almost there. This is an engine that has a few thousand miles on a re-ring and the good EQ 318A heads. I'm guessing in the next couple weeks we'll start on installing parts. Then getting it in the truck is another matter. Also going to do transmission and diff swap at the same time.

-
Back