reguarding a junior member!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything that you said may be true, but his replies were way out of line. A simple "No" will be more effective. I don't see the point of talking down to a person that is trying to get a good deal. What I don't understand is that he had to sit down in front of his computer and think of something really degrading to type in a response to this guys question (poor character). It was not a smart move, because now I will never buy from him and a few others here feel the same way.

And because a member here tells about a 3rd party issue that did not involve him in any matter AND on another site?

Then this 3rd party with 38 posts, calls for this seller to be banned from this site?!??!

So someone overhears you get into an aguememnt with someone that you mouth off and say something you shouldn't. So the person that overheard it goes on a website tells the secondhand story and asks for you to be banned?

Does that sound reasonable?

you tell him u want to pay alot less etc and get pissed when he tells you off?

As I read it, he got pissed only after he offered to pay less TWICE. It was after the second offer posted publicly on the Q&A section of sellers the ebay ad.

I think that is a different situation than making counter offers at a swap meet in person. The Ebay Q&A inquiries can can be totally from right field but effect other potential buyers. At a swap meet, you have your exchange of offers and it's done and you move on. On ebay, the exchange is recorded. So it's like you are in that guys swap spot heckling him all day.

The first offer wasn't the problem, it was the second from what I can tell.

this thread is senseless. no one has to buy anything they dont want to. nobody has to sell anything for less than they want to. its called capitalism. something some are trying to destroy.

maybe i do have only 38 posts. so? whats the big deal. i could care less if it was cleaned and rebuilt and bushings, etc. i do my own work, i do not trust anyone elses work. i did not neglect to mention anything, it was all listed in the e-gag auction if you read it. i would pay maybe $50 for a rebuildable one. and that maybe a bit much. as far as 71deamons comments , every one dickers prices. you do not go to carlisle and pay what someone is asking for a part. everyone asks more for what they are selling cause they know someone will offer less. if someone pays what they are asking, well, the seller makes out and the buyer is stupid. goody for him. he got what he was asking, poor sucker. i am not pissed off right now, the remarks were uncalled for. a simple no thank you is good enough, or do not reply at all. i am also on other web sites and i respect peoples feelings. i am not in this for an arguement, hemi71x TOLD me to look at his auction to see what the part would look like, otherwise i would not have seen what he responded to. i have better things to do with my life. sorry for the rant, i'm done.

Didn't know what? He got the price he was asking. The one he offered you was cleaned and fully rebuilt with pressed in bushings and stud. You neglected to mention that. That's about $40 labor pressing/cleaning, $15 parts, $25 shipping (post office isn't free last time I checked). So that about a $95 LCA, compared to a bare un-rebuilt LCA fresh out of car.

If someone had one for $95 down the street from you would that be a "ripoff" ?

These almost always go in pairs. So when you buy singles the price goes up.

The ebay questions from 71deamon were uncalled for too. That buyer is trying to go back and forth with offers. He trying to circumvent the whole auction process. It's and Ebay auction. That's what the auction is for. I agree hemi71x's reply was over the top. But one offer is enough, dickering back and forth has no place in an Ebay Q&A. hemi71x's is reacting by blowing off his fustration and anger.

It happens... just like you are pissed right now and trying to ban a member from this site.

hemi71x has been in this hobby a long long time. He's original owner of a 71 383 'Cuda that he put and ungodly amount of miles on and drove daily (even to the junkyards). He's not a rich E-body guy.

hemi71x was as auto mechanic all his life and wrenched on F-4 fighter planes in the military before that. He bought a 71 GTX 30 years ago when they were affordable, fixed it up, and drove the heck out it afterwards. He sold it and now he's retired from wrenching. That line of work takes a toll on your body and doesn't exactly have a state pension plan. Maybe you can relate?

hemi71x participates in the hobby, not just someone that's in it to make a buck. Drives his cars 1000 miles to shows, participate in clubs, etc. He may not answer a lot of question on FABO, but he does on other sites. Some people don't have the time to have 10,000 posts on 10 different sites.

I don't see hemi71x constantly bumping his ads here like alot of sellers do. And he's not fronting parts of other large used parts sellers with bad rep's like some do here. His user-name is the same as his ebay name and same as his user-name on other sites. AND his lists he actual name in his user ID.

Anyway.... what someone says to a second party (not even you) some place else has absolutely know jurisdiction on banning someone here on FABO. It's possible there were more things said regarding that Ebay auction than posted on Ebay, since hemi71x is on other web boards and lists his email.

And your title says "regarding a junior member!" You only have 38 post yourself?

maybe i do have only 38 posts. so? whats the big deal.

You are suggesting that someone be banned from this site. That's the ultimate statement against another FABO member.

Your title to the thread says "...junior member!" You are commenting on his low post count. So your low post count should be mentioned also.

i could care less if it was cleaned and rebuilt and bushings, etc. i do my own work, i do not trust anyone elses work. i did not neglect to mention anything, it was all listed in the e-gag auction if you read it.

Exactly. This part wasn't what you were looking for. Ok, move on then.

i would pay maybe $50 for a rebuildable one. and that maybe a bit much.

That's too low for typical market for a original sway bar lower control arm. Sorry. I'm sure people get "deals" on them for $50 and under. But that's just like finding a 340 long block for $300. You are just looking for a poor sucker seller that does not know what he has. Nothing wrong with that. You will just have to dig deeper and take longer to find the part.

as far as 71deamons comments , every one dickers prices. you do not go to carlisle and pay what someone is asking for a part. everyone asks more for what they are selling cause they know someone will offer less. if someone pays what they are asking, well, the seller makes out and the buyer is stupid. goody for him. he got what he was asking, poor sucker.

Ebay and a swap meet are two different things. Ebay is an auction not a swap meet. You make your offers through bids at an auction.

i am not pissed off right now, the remarks were uncalled for. a simple no thank you is good enough, or do not reply at all. i am also on other web sites and i respect peoples feelings. i am not in this for an arguement, hemi71x TOLD me to look at his auction to see what the part would look like, otherwise i would not have seen what he responded to. i have better things to do with my life. sorry for the rant, i'm done.

Your remarks are uncalled for. You are disparaging other's people's integrity and creditability.

I'm sorry, it's not a coincidence you are making posting about the comment in the Ebay auction AND you just happened to not like the seller's price on one 67-72 original sway bar lower control arm.

Wow, i feel like Tiger Woods here with all the controversy that has gotten stirred up.
I had no idea what has been going on here until one really opionated member sent me an annonomus e mail very late the other night, and i had no clue where it came from.
So my low post count means that i am a junior member. Ok, so be it. Doesn't take into the fact that i have been lurking under the radar on this site for quite a long time and decided to sit down at the computer table one rainy California day and register on this site also, and make it official.
There is more to this story than this FABO member charger1969 is up in arms about.
That e Bay member that tried to beat me up on my price for my rebuilt lower control arms also tried to low ball me on my other auction also. I got sick and tired of his constant e mails with this offer, then another offer, and how about XXXXX amount of dollars and you include the shipping too.
Well after all that i got ticked off and wrote a reply to him to leave me alone, and like,it or lump it on the price.
I just ticks me off to no end when someone tries to beat me down on the price of parts.
Where i made my error, i check off the box on the e Bay page where you can have your reply show up as a response so all e bay members can read it.
Now that everyone has read it, they are right, i should have used other words in my response to that guy. Sorry for all that.
Everyone that isn't an auto mechanic, plumber, carpenter, computer repairman, thinks one has to work for free or near minimum wage. That ain't going to happen.
If i am extremely fortunate in finding 40 year old parts these days , especially unrusted, suspension, and brake pars, it is a rarity now a days.
If i find them at a Pick-N-Pull they cost me $70.00 Parts, core chare, enviornmental charge, tax.
Then if you figure it takes an hour to an hour and a half pulling them off the car with basic hand tools, you figure my time is worth $40.00
Parts cost another $40.00 for the bushings. Then there is cleaning, press work. How about $40.00 for that too. So now were up to $190.00 for the pair.
After all that is said and done, im making a whopping $50.00 profit.
Hardly seems worth it, after buying tools like a hydraulic press, a decent bench vise, air die grinder, air hammer, or even a welder, and other professional tools.
So if charger1969 pays his rent for free, or goes to the grocery store for free, why doesen't he do this and give me some competition. I don't see anyone else doing what i'm doing. The more the merrier. Seems to me there would be enough work to go around. Someone has to do this professionally for the ones that aren't capable, or the ones that don't have the tools to get it done.
Well, i guess i have said enough.
JV.

i posted a want ad for a lower control arm for a 65 barracuda with the attachment for
a sway bar. i got a reply from hemi71x. he said he had one and wanted $150+$25 shipping for one control arm. i wanted a pic and he sent me a reply with a set he was selling on e-gag. he wanted $240 buy it now for 2 of them. i wanted ONE and he wanted $175 total for one, what a ripoff. the only thing that pissed me off was the reply he sent to a person that had a question about the price. the person offered him a offer and he "quote"
Q: ok $ 160.00 not,really what i can do is $200.00 + shipping thats the highest i can go..we can do this first thing in the morning threw PAY PAL,but thats as high as i can go seriously.if you think about it you are having a hard time selling this puppies...think about it and let me know. a.s.a.p..pay pal tomorrow.Jan-21-10A: 71deamon. You are a shopper, tire kicker, lo baller, look-e-loo. Go look elsewhere for parts, and not bother me again. Go find someone else that has them, especially in the condition that mine are in. I don't have to explain to you what everything cost's to do business, what my labor time costs me, what listing fees are, final falue listing fees, Pal Pal fees, all that crap has to be borne by someone to stay in business. So what if i don't sell someting this week or next week, Doesn't bother me at all. Everything sells at one time or another. I always have overseas buyers for parts. Then you tell be why i sent a pair of LCA's to a buyer in Finland yesterday and cost the guy more in shipping than the part cost. The A body guys are the bottom of the food chain when it comes to parts and are always broke. If you can't afford it, look for something else to do.
he told the buyer A body guys are the bottom of the food chain. well, he is a member of forabodiesonly.com. there was no need to reply to a question like he did. that was just plain ignorant!

Hey Hemi '71 X......... This is a BOTTOM Feeder talking...... You f'n a@@holes with your 1 of Whatever attitude mite look down your hood at all us Real Mopar people with distaste but you are really just pissed cause we DRIVE our cars more than on and off the trailer. F off and go back to Hemi PUSSIES .org.... I love watching your faces when I stick the throttle to the floor and walk off and leave your BOAT MOTOR

I'm OK with your replies to OP regarding leaving him alone with his lowball offers. In fact, if you want to curse him out that's even fine. Unfortunately your remark that lumps all us bottom feeders into one swarm is what might bite ya. I have no problem paying a decent buck for parts, but you gotta be careful what you put in writing lol.. The internet is a small world.

JM2¢
Grant

Hey Hemi '71 X......... This is a BOTTOM Feeder talking...... You f'n a@@holes with your 1 of Whatever attitude mite look down your hood at all us Real Mopar people with distaste but you are really just pissed cause we DRIVE our cars more than on and off the trailer. F off and go back to Hemi PUSSIES .org.... I love watching your faces when I stick the throttle to the floor and walk off and leave your BOAT MOTOR

this isnt tolerated here someone needs a vacation.

Ok ok ok ok, settle down.

I just took a peak around his posting history and theres no out bursts by him for many many pages and I'm not hunting down his entire history to find a single curse word.

Everyone goes off every now and again, myself included for no reason or for a reason, big or small.

Let's just **** can this all before it gets stupid. Everyone relax and drop it and move on.

Steve, that was a hell of a reply, for why, IDK, ID-care, just take it easy and try not to let the net get to you.

Hemi71X, I feel your pain on parts and prices weather it be selling or to purchase. For the most part, on here (The forums) most members, save a few constant sellers and a every now and again new person selling, offer a parts ata decent cost.

Conecting E-bay prices to here isn't fair.

Buyer beware, seller beware. A part is wroth only as much as the purchaser is willing to pay for it.

I've said enuff, lets roll on and keep it civil.

i would personally ban this person from our club. we don't need dickheads like this. that's just my opion. jeff

Jeff, no one is getting banned because they sell parts at a high price. his letter shows an ill temper. But who hasn't just exploded sometime over something as little as spilled milk or something stupid, never mind on something there serious about.

There seems to be a lot of new members who only come here to sell their parts. I look to see what they are posting about, and if it comes back that they are only here to sell parts, I ignore them.

I aggreeee and this is a topic of discussion in the MODs forum. If "Sellers only" do not become a "Vendor' here, there getting there ad's yanked.

He PMed me last night to ask if I needed any parts. I haven't requested anything for a while.
I sent 2 letter reply. NO!
Seems like a bottom feeder trying to just sell parts on here.

Read above. In addition, bottom feeder or not, it's perspective. He has a part he's trying to make a buck on. If it doesn't sell, it's overpriced, price comes down or the seller holds on to it and it collects dust.

Shame on the buyer for paying a crazy price.

this thread is senseless. no one has to buy anything they dont want to. nobody has to sell anything for less than they want to. its called capitalism. something some are trying to destroy.

I agree. If you don't like the price, don't buy it. If they have an ad here and you don't like the price, stay outta the thread. IF they bump it constantly and wonder out loud why it isn't selling, then you can tell'em it's over priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back