Relocating Oil filter when using TTI 1 7/8 headers

-

67mopr

Reaction score
Just wanted to get some input from anybody that has TTI 1 7/8 headers, on where they relocated their oil filter. This is on a 1967 Barracuda 408 stroker. I don't have headers on yet. But thought I would ask.

It's needed? Hummmmm.

I relocated my filter on my truck. OK, not a "A" body, LOL! But, I have seen the filter moved to the inner fender walls up front. Some like'em high up like where the chracoal canister would go or on top of the shock tower area, some put it down on the frame rail. It'll require a bit of line to reah there.

this is on TTI's site- they say a short filter or a 90 will work with them

Attachments

• PS-90DegOilFilter.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 408
this is on TTI's site- they say a short filter or a 90 will work with them
Actually I didn't know if it was needed or not. I thought about doing it so I wouldn't drip oil on my headers when I changed my oil. Thats the only reason I was gonna do it.

Not a bad reason IMO. I did it on my 03 Dakota just to make the oil filter change a simple issue without getting oil dripping all over the place. I relocated the filter to under the passenger door on the truck.

Actually I didn't know if it was needed or not. I thought about doing it so I wouldn't drip oil on my headers when I changed my oil. Thats the only reason I was gonna do it.

Unfortunately even with the 90° adapter you'll still get oil on the headers. I put a rag on the headers, then some cardboard and angle it down to a drain bucket. Works for me!
Brian

i put mine on the heater delete plate. its plumbed in with my accusump. fortunately i also have a spare delete plate.

Attachments

• sept. 30 2010 2306_1.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 280
I have the TTi 1 7/8 headers and run the short filter on my 360(we cross referenced it at the parts store)I can get the filter # if you like?
Doug

Attachments

• 000_2054.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 286
I have the TTi 1 7/8 headers and run the short filter on my 360(we cross referenced it at the parts store)I can get the filter # if you like?
Doug

Short filter with a 90 adapter or just straight short filter?

With my 3/4 step headers I had to run the 90 aluminum adapter. I ported the turns inside the adapter.

Attachments

• 2_25_11Sm36.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 231
  • 2_25_11Sm37.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 240
No adapter needed,but looking at your pics of the step headers I almost think the larger 1 7/8 TTis have a little more room.I'll try and get a pic tomorrow when I get home from work.

No adapter needed,but looking at your pics of the step headers I almost think the larger 1 7/8 TTis have a little more room.I'll try and get a pic tomorrow when I get home from work.
I have the 1 7/8 TTi's also.

A buddy of mine runs a Fram 3614 ( I know everybody hates Fram ) on his 340 without the right angle adapter with his TTI's, lots of room with that one.

-
Back