RELOCATION KIT WHICH ONE

-

squidbob

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i'm currently thinking of going with the 1600.00 doll US CAR TOOL relocation and stiffening kit from us car tool a bit pricey but quality looks better than the MP one it will be going into a 67 barracuda with a 500 strkr any thoughts or experience please let me know thanks

Mancini Racing, The difference between the A-body and the B-E body set is the rear shackles. US tool kits use the original mount for locating the boxes, Not very good unless you know your front mounts are square with the chassis. Usually they are not. Once they are installed and you car wants to do a doughnut every time you are in the water box then your screwed. Then You'll need someone to hold the car straight when heating the tires. There is a hole in the rail where the front bolt lines up to, Use it to check chassis square. The tape role is on the mount seam on each side . Look how far the mount is off on the hole in the rail. This also showed up on measurements

129.JPG

127.JPG

128.JPG

Mancini Racing, The difference between the A-body and the B-E body set is the rear shackles. US tool kits use the original mount for locating the boxes, Not very good unless you know your front mounts are square with the chassis. Usually they are not. Once they are installed and you car wants to do a doughnut every time you are in the water box then your screwed. Then You'll need someone to hold the car straight when heating the tires. There is a hole in the rail where the front bolt lines up to, Use it to check chassis square. The tape role is on the mount seam on each side . Look how far the mount is off on the hole in the rail. This also showed up on measurements

View attachment 1716013108

View attachment 1716013113

View attachment 1716013114
Oooooops, I wish I would have known that before. Thanks, now I know to go double check some things.

View attachment 1716013108

View attachment 1716013113

View attachment 1716013114
What is that? 3/8" difference?

i'm currently thinking of going with the 1600.00 doll US CAR TOOL relocation and stiffening kit from us car tool a bit pricey but quality looks better than the MP one it will be going into a 67 barracuda with a 500 strkr any thoughts or experience please let me know thanks
1 small piece of advice, don't get impatient cutting the frame rails. Pains in the *** are right around the corner.
I used the US Cartool stuff, it's great stuff.
It's heavy gauge probably 3/16 thick so welding to the thin frame you need to be mindful.
I had to do extra BS to get mine to work but my Dana housing is only a 47 inch wide .
If I do it again I'll make my own.

IMG_20220619_175940127.jpg

If you use the USCartool material, just measure again before you weld it. You can make your adjustments before it becomes permanent. 3/8’s is a lot. Spacing the boxes before welding is a PIA but well worth the time.

Also double check what USCartool sends you i had a front bracket the holes were off. I called and shown them pictures they sent replacements but took a while.

-
Back