removing dash from a 69 Dart

-

Buckeye

Reaction score
thinking about removing the Dash from my 69 Dart... have to do some metal work.... how much work is it TO GET IT OUT???? or is it better to leave in and try to do work on it in car.... needs work to repair a cut out for radio.... will be stripping dash to detail gauges,radio, Thanks,

first of all you posted in the early a section but I will help you anyway. You need to have the windshield out to remove the dash.

to give you an idea of what's involved-- i'll attach a picture of a 69 dash -- out of the car. lawrence

Attachments

• summer2011 103 (Medium).jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 123
  • summer2011 104 (Large).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 132
Thanks for the pics. really helps....was panning to take the window sheild out anyway....

If it's just the radio opening, that can be done without removing the interstructure but you'll need to pull the radio, ash tray, heater/A/C control, and maybe the cluster depending on how close it is to the repair area. If you're pulling the windshield anyway, wait until then and do all your metal repairs at the same time. Chances are there is some rust around the opening there somewhere! Check on the gasket availabiliy before you cut it. It might be cheaper to save the gasket (if it's good) and buy a new windshield.

-
Back