removing T-bars from the front?

-

thanson_mopar

Reaction score
Strange torsion bar removal question for you. Is it possible to remove the torsion bars from the front instead of the rear? Can I take off the tension from the T-bars and drop the engine K-member down and pull the T-bars out from the front? I would think so unless there is something obvious I am overlooking.

I don't know what anyone else will say, but that is how I did it. I'm not sure if it is "correct" or not. When I went to install the new K-member I removed the rear clips and pushed the torsion bars out of the way and then just slid them into place once I had the new K-member loosely bolted into place.

Why would you want to do it that way? Can't imagine dropping the K to get the t-bars out, you're creating way more work for yourself.

Get one of these tools. So much easier to remove the clips from the back and knock them out that way. The tool is the same one that the dealerships used.

You have to remove the tension from the adjusters no matter which way you remove them.

And use liberal amounts of penetrating oil the day before you intend to pull them - makes ALL the diff!

The reason I did it was because I was swapping K-members to put pwr steering and disc brakes on. I didn't run into any problems and did it myself in a day. Both k-members out and one back on.

Why would you want to do it that way? Can't imagine dropping the K to get the t-bars out, you're creating way more work for yourself.

Get one of these tools. So much easier to remove the clips from the back and knock them out that way. The tool is the same one that the dealerships used.

You have to remove the tension from the adjusters no matter which way you remove them.

The engine and everything else is out of the car and the K-member needs to come out anyway so its not going to be anymore work for me, I just need to know wether or not it will work. I have removed the torsion bars before but I have since installed custom made subframe connectors that are in the way.......didn't think about it when I was building them. So the choice is either to remove them from the front or modify my subframe connectors.

-
Back