Removing vent windows from 1969 by installing 1975 doors?

-

69MOPE

Reaction score
Can a Dart door from a 1975 2 door (non fast back) be used on a 1969 Dart 2 door to eliminate the vent window? I will be replacing the weatherstrip so I need to know if the 1975 weatherstrip will also work?

They look like they will work and the weatherstriping should work.

Are you going for the smooth look? The reason I ask is simply, why remove something that truly works?

Many things about the door itself is different including interior door panels.

At a minimum, different upper doors. 73-up have the cheesy plastic trim.

Perhaps it might be easier to remove the vent wings and install the 73-up glass, regulator and window channels. I have no way of knowing whether that would actually work, just thinking out loud. Would be cool to see if you could make it work.

But I agree, why change the vent windows? They add character!

I used demon doors on my dart to do away with the vents.I think maybe you could change the glass over and dissasemble the vent frame from the door. Not sure the glass will work though. I did it to use lexan.

The vent windows are one of the things I'm looking forward to having again when my '69 Dart is finished. Sorry, don't understand why you want to get rid of them - I wish today's cars still had them.

I always wondered if you could do the same thing the other way. Put Vent window doors on the later cars. Anybody ever do that?

I thought about getting rid of the vents for a few reasons, weight, I don't use the vents, it is hard to find ones with good chrome, water leaks. I am a minimalist and a perfectionist, so if the chrome is not 100% show quality I won't use it and if I don't use something, like the vent, it goes. The car will not be a restoration, just a street/strip/show toy. If you think it will look like sh*t, I value all opinions and I guess the vents stay.

I got a 73 that I wanted vent windows I'll trade ya. Doors that is.

-
Back